Dzeko

jjeangi said:
Totadisco said:
I can see two problems that are missing here for real Dzeko to come.
Lack of team play - Said enough in recent posts
Dzeko is still soft on the ball, lacks confidence and arrogance.(Also deal with Boateng). Defenders push him with arms, elbows and what else not but he does nothing. German league prevent this but EPL does not. He must use his hands and arrogance when getting the space, instead he only uses his body. Thats why he has a bad time when receiving a pass, because in the start there are 1 or 2 players coming from his back, pulling him over. This is also the deal with long balls, because it is evident that defenders push him with elbows or just rely on his back (Germany - foul) so he cant get the ball right. He knows to give a good pass and has the intelligence but as a forward he must feel a ball a little bit more. He almost always bass the ball after 1-2 touches and runs to the goal, but you dont see other players doing that as they always have 4-5 touches before making a pass. There he lacks confidence, because I only seen him 3 times going to the area with the ball in these 4 games( everytime got a freekick). At Wolsfburg, he had 5+ crosses like that in one game. He is in the different team, different players and the system. Only thing he needs is to have a ball more often, keep it, try to get past the defender and thats the only thing he needs. Lose it what the heck, Tevez lose it 10 times but then scores a goal.No point of pass the ball on the first touch when you will not get the same service from teammates. If he does not have touches with the ball more often , I afraid that it will cause him going deep into himself, causing barriers in his mind. And thats it. It is not the skill, not the pace, it is only in the head. The same thing is with Boateng.
I think you've hit the nail on its head.
Completely agree. I am really disappointed with yesterday's performance but the entire team and probably for the first time by Dzeko as well. Here is what I think needs to happen both from player and team perspective. I have no doubt in my mind Dzeko is the real deal but is struggling to adjust not only to style of English football but he's currently on a team that doesn't play like a team(with or without him).

Player

1. Dzeko needs to adjust to the physicality of english football and realize he will not get the same fouls he did in Germany. He needs to bite and claw to get the defenders of his back and create space for himself.

2. Dzeko needs to adjust to the speed of the game. Until the game slows down for him, which will be a few more games, he won't be able to attack the ball with confidence although his skill will get him through this.

3. Dzeko needs to be more selfish. Don't be afraid to lose the ball. Take on the defenders and try to score a goal even if it means losing it. You are not getting the passes from your teammates so you should earn the respect and make them want to pass to you.

4. Dzeko needs to stop coming back for the ball so much and playin too far wide. You are paid to score goals and that's all that matters in England. It won't matter if you get 50 assists nobody will care because you're a striker. Stay upfront and close to the box and try to score. Otherwise, people will not give a shit about your all around game.

Team

1. Mancini needs to do something about lack of organized attack. There is absolutely no method to the madness. I am not a United fan but if you look at their styl eof play they are like a well oiled machine. City needs to play organized football..they are currently only playing through Silva and Tevez, and we all know Tevez doesn't see the big picture and will always try to score. He'll score 1 out of 10 chances but to play as a team and win consistently you need to get everyone involved.

2. If Mancini wants to get a return on his investment he needs to make the attack go to Dzeko. When he was at Wolfsburg every attack consisted of him at least touching the ball. He likes to pass the ball to get his teammates involved and build up the attack but he also always got the service back for a goal scoring opportunity. That is currently not happening at City.

I'm not even sure that he's even struggling really...he doesn't get service. When he passes it he doesn't get a return. No crosses. Nothing. Oh well. I trust mancini will sort this out

We do have some knobheads who come on here. The guy has played 4 games for christs sake ! Give him a chance . We are 4th in the premier league, team still to gel , still in with a shout for the cup , europa league !! Rome was not built in a day , get behind mancini and the team , give dzeko time and support CTID!

i really hope and i do, that dzeko never sees this thread.

the poor lad will wanna fuck off back to wolfsburg, you should all be ashamed.

i wish this thread would dissapear.

cinnamon blue said:
We do have some knobheads who come on here. The guy has played 4 games for christs sake ! Give him a chance . We are 4th in the premier league, team still to gel , still in with a shout for the cup , europa league !! Rome was not built in a day , get behind mancini and the team , give dzeko time and support CTID!

Last time I checked we were still 3rd!!!!

This thread is just madness. Dzeko has been a real bright spot since he came on. I think people are far too quick to forget that we had no hold up play whatsoever before he came on board. He's been superb at winning the ball at midfield and keeping possession after goal kicks and free kicks. He's shown great touch to keep the ball and get it in possession and has occupied space forward. He's constantly got two defenders on him, it's opened up a lot of space for Silva and Tevez. Silva has been especially rusty lately, Tevez selfish. Dzeko can't be blamed for this. Dzeko has also been a great threat in attacking play, he's made some tremendous passes in the area in each game he's played. That short cross at the keeper's feet yesterday after taking on a defender was exceptionally dangerous. He's been better than I expected with the ball at his feet at both dribbling and passing.

Honestly, I think he's been unfortunate enough to come into the team at a time when the midfield is a disaster. Barry has lost form, Milner's getting worse by the game, Johnson got hurt and now Yaya got hurt. We've got no width and little transition. If I've got once criticism of him, it's that when we started to open up the game late, he wasn't able to join in on some of those counters we manufactured. He's played a lot after not playing much before, so I can see how he'd be gassed, but those counter attacks feel like the best opportunities for him to score right now, he's got to find a way into each and every one of them until we get more healthy.

CTID Chris said:
leighton said:
It seemed like he was a passenger in the second half. Mancini maybe should of taken him off. Sadly we will see some games like this from him while he settles into the club.

Sub for Dzeko for...?

Didn't have the option tonight - unless you wanted to see Jo. Guidetti wasn't an option really, was he?

Guidetti was an option.....he was on the bench. If he is not capable of playing football then why have him on the bench?

I honestly thought it was the perfect opportunity to bring him on in the second half to see what he is made of.

PaulPowre said:
listened on radio not hears hia name more than 3 times in the second half.

WTF?

Forming a judgement on a player based on radio commentary is seriously misguided. Half the time they get the names wrong. Any time you hear "Kolarov" or "Dzeko" there's a fair chance they've got them mixed up.

I used to listen to radio commentaries whilst watching the match but gave up because they drove me mad with the number of factual errors.

teddykgb said:
This thread is just madness. Dzeko has been a real bright spot since he came on. I think people are far too quick to forget that we had no hold up play whatsoever before he came on board. He's been superb at winning the ball at midfield and keeping possession after goal kicks and free kicks. He's shown great touch to keep the ball and get it in possession and has occupied space forward. He's constantly got two defenders on him, it's opened up a lot of space for Silva and Tevez. Silva has been especially rusty lately, Tevez selfish. Dzeko can't be blamed for this. Dzeko has also been a great threat in attacking play, he's made some tremendous passes in the area in each game he's played. That short cross at the keeper's feet yesterday after taking on a defender was exceptionally dangerous. He's been better than I expected with the ball at his feet at both dribbling and passing.

Honestly, I think he's been unfortunate enough to come into the team at a time when the midfield is a disaster. Barry has lost form, Milner's getting worse by the game, Johnson got hurt and now Yaya got hurt. We've got no width and little transition. If I've got once criticism of him, it's that when we started to open up the game late, he wasn't able to join in on some of those counters we manufactured. He's played a lot after not playing much before, so I can see how he'd be gassed, but those counter attacks feel like the best opportunities for him to score right now, he's got to find a way into each and every one of them until we get more healthy.

Good post - most sensible thing I've read in all the mindless Dzeko-bashing threads.

When you've joined a team, mid-season, coming of a winter break the last thing you want is 3 very tough away games.

1 on a pitch that is worse than a local park.

The other 2 against tough premier league opposition who are very solid at home and also very physical sides.

Dzeko needs time to adjust. Simple as that.

It would have been preferable for him to get off the mark on his debut to give him and the rest of the team confidence, but that didnt happen.

The point about Tevez is a good one. His selfishness in the build up is starting to cost us. Its ok for him to be selfish when he's the only striker on the pitch, now he has a partner he needs to use him more and maybe we will see better results and more fluid attacking play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.