Dzeko

onceabluealways said:
I haven't read so much b*llocks as some on this thread.

Dzeko has played 4 games - TWO of which were against lower opposition with our second string.

He has played with Tevez twice - give them time to get some sort of understanding going. It hasn't helped him that AJ got injured.

What 2 were against lower opposition

fc zeljeznicar said:
Dzeko is already frustrated because of the "service he gets" and the ignorance from his teammates. I really hope that Mancini will find a system soon enough, because this what City is playing atm is nowhere near any system. No tactics, no teamplay, no spirit.. Really difficult to watch.

Having read all these comments, I can say that I'm really sorry Dzeko ever signed for City, many fans cannot realise that success cannot be made over the night. No patience, just spitting and insulting, thats why it will be difficult to ever win prem title.

Don't worry mate, when you have been around here a while, you will realise this is par for the course on here. The views are not representative of ALL city fans, far from it. These threads pop up after every loss, or draw. The majority are delighted to have Dzecko here playing for us, and like has been said before me, we need to adjust to him, he needs to adjust to us, its a process, and can't happen immediately. But it will happen - keep the faith! ;)

BooksReject said:
fc zeljeznicar said:
Dzeko is already frustrated because of the "service he gets" and the ignorance from his teammates. I really hope that Mancini will find a system soon enough, because this what City is playing atm is nowhere near any system. No tactics, no teamplay, no spirit.. Really difficult to watch.

Having read all these comments, I can say that I'm really sorry Dzeko ever signed for City, many fans cannot realise that success cannot be made over the night. No patience, just spitting and insulting, thats why it will be difficult to ever win prem title.

Don't worry mate, when you have been around here a while, you will realise this is par for the course on here. The views are not representative of ALL city fans, far from it. These threads pop up after every loss, or draw. The majority are delighted to have Dzecko here playing for us, and like has been said before me, we need to adjust to him, he needs to adjust to us, its a process, and can't happen immediately. But it will happen - keep the faith! ;)

And dont forget every now and then a rag wum stick their oar in..

samharris said:
BooksReject said:

And dont forget every now and then a rag wum stick their oar in..

He's not, is he? I thought he was one of our new Bosnian fans...?

dw7 said:
onceabluealways said:
I haven't read so much b*llocks as some on this thread.

Dzeko has played 4 games - TWO of which were against lower opposition with our second string.

He has played with Tevez twice - give them time to get some sort of understanding going. It hasn't helped him that AJ got injured.

What 2 were against lower opposition

Ok sorry 1 - although one game was Wolves at home. Villa and Birmingham away would never expected to be easy matches.

byronic said:
Dzeko was weak today but I just can't believe how bad City's overall play is. I was watching Wolfsburg this year and they were incredibly bad, but City's flow is even worse in the last few games. The Wolfsburg of 2009 would kill this City the way they wiped the floor with Bayern 5-1 (Dzeko brace) - and I'm not a W. fan at all, just saying. The club needs two more creative players, having that DM wall of three guys is madness to me and excruciating to watch, no ideas about breaking down defenses, no crosses, no through balls that work. Passes: Silva Tevez Silva Tevez Milner Silva Tevez Silva Barry Tevez Milner Tevez Milner Dzeko Silva Tevez Tevez Tevez (yes he can pass to himself as well).
I don't see how he will settle into the club without being part of the so called build-up play.
Most of all, I think Mancini's game is profoundly uninteresting.

This is MANCHESTER CITY! So get used to it! ;)

I do agree with you though mate

Totadisco said:
I can see two problems that are missing here for real Dzeko to come.
Lack of team play - Said enough in recent posts
Dzeko is still soft on the ball, lacks confidence and arrogance.(Also deal with Boateng). Defenders push him with arms, elbows and what else not but he does nothing. German league prevent this but EPL does not. He must use his hands and arrogance when getting the space, instead he only uses his body. Thats why he has a bad time when receiving a pass, because in the start there are 1 or 2 players coming from his back, pulling him over. This is also the deal with long balls, because it is evident that defenders push him with elbows or just rely on his back (Germany - foul) so he cant get the ball right. He knows to give a good pass and has the intelligence but as a forward he must feel a ball a little bit more. He almost always bass the ball after 1-2 touches and runs to the goal, but you dont see other players doing that as they always have 4-5 touches before making a pass. There he lacks confidence, because I only seen him 3 times going to the area with the ball in these 4 games( everytime got a freekick). At Wolsfburg, he had 5+ crosses like that in one game. He is in the different team, different players and the system. Only thing he needs is to have a ball more often, keep it, try to get past the defender and thats the only thing he needs. Lose it what the heck, Tevez lose it 10 times but then scores a goal.No point of pass the ball on the first touch when you will not get the same service from teammates. If he does not have touches with the ball more often , I afraid that it will cause him going deep into himself, causing barriers in his mind. And thats it. It is not the skill, not the pace, it is only in the head. The same thing is with Boateng.
I think you've hit the nail on its head.

ManCitylegend92 said:
Dzeko has played 4 games now and only scored 1 simple goal, im not happy with him at all, he should of scored at least 1 goal tonight...
Where do we get these childish supporters from? Sometimes I worry more about our changing fan base than about the team's performance.

PaulPowre said:
listened on radio not hears hia name more than 3 times in the second half.

If youd have been at the game you would have seen that this wasnt the case at all

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
This is the risk we take when buying unproven in the premiership talent. If it works you're a genius, if not it's a waste of money. I thought we should have bought Bent. Tried and tested at this level and cheaper.
So are you saying, If he had been proven in the PL, they would have passed to him more? I don't get the logic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.