Dzeko

The biggest doubters of Dzeko are the ones that have not seen him play before at other teams. Most probably started following him when he was potentially linked with a transfer to City.

If you watch his highlights posted on the first page you can see that he is not really the type to take the ball ala Messi and get his way through a defense. But the stuff that he is excellent at is he gets goals out of impossible positions. Like people have said he needs a partner up front or some offensive wingers that can actually cross a ball close to him. Unfortunately City does not play that way currently and I believe that he would have done much better at a team that plays to his strenghts.

On the other side as a professional he really needs to get his Wolfsburg confidence back as soon as possible. It has been only a few months but he should know that he has the skills and needs to show it on the field. Also, even though I don't think his first touch is as bad as some here say he needs to start working on it on a weekly basis to get it up to par with other strikers.

All in all, it's all up to Mancini now what he wants to do. He has the talent and will but we as fans do need to support our players in every possible way.

EaglesFan said:
For the negative ones on here - regardless of how good or bad of a player he is/will turn out to be, here are few facts for you:

1. His away tying goal at Notts put your assess in position to be in the final of FA cup to begin with.

2. His two goals against Aris put your assess through to the next round of Europa League.

3. His goals @Blackburn got you one of the key wins this season in terms of Champions League spot.

That's your 27 million right there, even if he turns up to be all you want him to be eventually (fail, that is).

So show some DECENCY at least, eh?

Some on here really dont see the bigger picture...Im glad you do..cheers. :)

he just need to put his head down and keep working hard...it's what he knows and does best....fans should help him out by supporting him not slagging him off...he will repay you the loyalty with many goals next season...

cleavers said:
No17 said:
fans should help him out by supporting him not slagging him off
The fans were right behind him on Tuesday night , his name was sung more than any other player, so there is nothing to worry about on that score.

What you read on here is NOT representitive of the fans at the matches.

I got to hear that ooooo Edin Dzekoooo chant a lot on the telly, it was pretty damn loud, and that is what I'm talking about, that's what will help him...I did hear a bit of the aahhh's and ooohhh's when he made a mistake but and applause right after that as he started to chase back the lost ball....

one thing for the stats (even though from the top of my head) in his first season he scored 8 league goals, he started his second season with 4 in 17 matches then scored further 22 in the second part of the season meaning 22 in further 17....so it might be a long wait, but it might be well worth it...

EaglesFan said:
For the negative ones on here - regardless of how good or bad of a player he is/will turn out to be, here are few facts for you:

1. His away tying goal at Notts put your assess in position to be in the final of FA cup to begin with.

2. His two goals against Aris put your assess through to the next round of Europa League.

3. His goals @Blackburn got you one of the key wins this season in terms of Champions League spot.

That's your 27 million right there, even if he turns up to be all you want him to be eventually (fail, that is).

Absolutely agree with this, it's easy to point out negative things and a bit cheap imo seeing as he has only been here 4 months. As the above proves we wouldn't be were we are without him so for all of you already writing him off perhaps the above proves he has been invaluable to us already. I for one cannot wait to see more of him next season.

what has spuured this on? what has he done for posters to be spouting shit?

i personally thought he was great vs spuds, and im gutted for him that he missed that oppourtunity.

he is growing on me, and very quickly!

yeah we paid 25+ milion for him, but it doesnt mean he has to scored a fucking hat trick every game

get a grip FFS!

EaglesFan said:

So his city career so far is goals against Notts county, Aris and blackburn... For someone who cost 27million and was top scorer in germany he should be embarrassed by that record.

So far hes been the worst striker in the team, hopefully next season Dzeko and Kolarov make a turn around but personally I cant see it.

I am more than confident that this lad will fire on all fronts next year , at the moment he doesn't really get the service for the goals he usually gets. Dzeko thrives on two things , wingers and another striker . He can't play upfront on his own , he finds it hard to link up play with other members of the team. As soon as Tevez came on and acted as the other striker , instantly we had the move where dzeko and tevez created the chance fro vieira which was cleared off the line. He missed the chance in the first half which was fantastic play all round , for him to head the ball to Silva then get into the position to get the shot off . Unfortunately the keeper madea great save , and the fact that dzeko keeps getting in there and getting the chances to score despite the lack of service he wants , shows he is a good striker. Sometimes he has really good moments where he holds up the ball and distributes it well and builds the attack . Some moments his first touch is appaling and I hope that will improve. The lad is a quality striker and next year he will come good and Mancini will persist with him as he said he will score the goals for us and why would he spend 27 million on him to sit on the bench ?

20sbc07 said:
EaglesFan said:

So his city career so far is goals against Notts county, Aris and blackburn... For someone who cost 27million and was top scorer in germany he should be embarrassed by that record.

So far hes been the worst striker in the team, hopefully next season Dzeko and Kolarov make a turn around but personally I cant see it.

Dzeko will be quality next season once we get some quality wingers. As for Kolarov he needs to work on his pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.