Dzeko

Has any explanation come from the training camp as to why Dzeko has not featured in either of the two friendlies yet?
Obviously it is fueling speculation he may leave.

Plain Speaking said:
Has any explanation come from the training camp as to why Dzeko has not featured in either of the two friendlies yet?

May not be fit enough

NipHolmes said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
NipHolmes said:
Sell Tevez, a **** but a player that fits system and is world class.
Keep Dzeko, a nice guy but a player that doesn't fit system and isn't world class.

Yeah we should keep Dzeko even though suiting his playing style would mean changing a winning system just to accommodate him. I'd understand for Messi but not Dzeko.

People say trust in Mancini. What faith did Mancini show in him? Instead of choosing to field Dzeko he'd take off Nasri, field Yaya as a more attacking role and bring on De Jong to fill teh void left by Yaya as he advanced further forward.

He scored v QPR and I am eternally grateful, but he only came on because Mancini threw caution to the wind in desperation. Early season he was a world beater, in Winter he looked no better than a mid-table striker.

Edit;
I just re-read the bit about RVP as a winger, Jesus wept! Why would you put the most prolific and clinical striker in the Prem and on the wing?

Re the Dzeko not fitting into our style of play thing, do you not think that there might be times when we might need something different? Do you not think that teams might now have an idea of how to play against us - sit back, pack the middle then break at pace? What then when we've flogged our tallest striker who's great at heading the ball? Do we just pass it out to the flanks, no-ones tall enough to head it so we don't cross and pass it back to the middle where we can't get through, then repeat this over like we did against QPR until Edin came on? Do you not think that his consistency might improve seen as he's now completed his first full season in the prem?

Mario can head, RVP can head and Yaya can head.

We keep a £27million striker who can't handle rotation just for defensive games when we already have players who can head in the ball.

There are going to be quite a lot of these defensive games this season, but no we wouldn't be keeping Edin just because of that because he's got a lot more to offer.

Does anyone know how many headers Balo, Van Persie and Dzeko scored last season? (I genuinely don't know the answer, with us likely to sign RVP I hope he got a few)

NipHolmes said:
Aguero has spent less time in England than Edin, he's done far better and he is of the level we need. RVP buys and sells Edin. Not a doubt about that.

Some players take more time to adapt than others

Plain Speaking said:
Pissed up

The Fat el Hombre said:
NipHolmes said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Re the Dzeko not fitting into our style of play thing, do you not think that there might be times when we might need something different? Do you not think that teams might now have an idea of how to play against us - sit back, pack the middle then break at pace? What then when we've flogged our tallest striker who's great at heading the ball? Do we just pass it out to the flanks, no-ones tall enough to head it so we don't cross and pass it back to the middle where we can't get through, then repeat this over like we did against QPR until Edin came on? Do you not think that his consistency might improve seen as he's now completed his first full season in the prem?

We keep a £27million striker who can't handle rotation just for defensive games when we already have players who can head in the ball.

There are going to be quite a lot of these defensive games this season, but no we wouldn't be keeping Edin just because of that because he's got a lot more to offer.

Does anyone know how many headers Balo, Van Persie and Dzeko scored last season? (I genuinely don't know the answer, with us likely to sign RVP I hope he got a few)

RVP takes corners so that deprives him in the box. With us he'd be in the box whilst Silva takes.

RVP hits more volleys, I say that for certain.

NipHolmes said:
Aguero has spent less time in England than Edin, he's done far better and he is of the level we need. RVP buys and sells Edin. Not a doubt about that.

Yeah I agree, but why wait when we can have the prems best players and top scorer of last season?

We simply aren't set up they way his game needs. Nothing more, nothing less.

NipHolmes said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
NipHolmes said:

RVP takes corners so that deprives him in the box. With us he'd be in the box whilst Silva takes.

NipHolmes said:

Yeah I agree, but why wait when we can have the prems best players and top scorer of last season?

Why did we buy him then? He hasn't become a different player to when he was at Wolfsburg.

NipHolmes said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
NipHolmes said:

NipHolmes said:

Because the prems top scorer last season is very, very expensive and has a tendency to get injured a lot. Plus the attackers that we've got have done fine, scoring the most goals in the league last season

Plain Speaking said:

He's shit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.