Dzeko

The club would not be coming out with such statements if Dzeko could go. Also Dezko's comments today confirm he is going nowhere. The only player who may leave is Tevez.

fairyfeet said:
NipHolmes said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
There are going to be quite a lot of these defensive games this season, but no we wouldn't be keeping Edin just because of that because he's got a lot more to offer.

Does anyone know how many headers Balo, Van Persie and Dzeko scored last season? (I genuinely don't know the answer, with us likely to sign RVP I hope he got a few)

RVP takes corners so that deprives him in the box. With us he'd be in the box whilst Silva takes.

RVP hits more volleys, I say that for certain.

Some players take more time to adapt than others

Yeah I agree, but why wait when we can have the prems best players and top scorer of last season?

We simply aren't set up they way his game needs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why did we buy him then? He hasn't become a different player to when he was at Wolfsburg.

At Wolfsburg he was their best striker and wasn't rotated. They played in a style better suited to him. If we field wingers then I'd keep him, but if we plan to continue in our style what we have won the league with then my point is valid.

He's a great lad and a good player, I simply feel we don't play to his strengths and nor should we. We should play to the strengths of the TEAM and how Mancini feels we will perform best. To change a style of play to get the most out of a single player seems ridiculous when his name isn't Messi.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:33 pm --<br /><br />
BlueAnorak said:
The club would not be coming out with such statements if Dzeko could go. Also Dezko's comments today confirm he is going nowhere. The only player who may leave is Tevez.

The club would if they wan't more than they have been offered.

I see Dzeko at Milan or Juventus and I see Kolorov at Inter.

Not bothered where I see Savic as long as it's not in our line up.

NipHolmes said:
fairyfeet said:
NipHolmes said:
Yeah I agree, but why wait when we can have the prems best players and top scorer of last season?

Why did we buy him then? He hasn't become a different player to when he was at Wolfsburg.

At Wolfsburg he was their best striker and wasn't rotated. They played in a style better suited to him. If we field wingers then I'd keep him, but if we plan to continue in our style what we have won the league with then my point is valid.

He's a great lad and a good player, I simply feel we don't play to his strengths and nor should we. We should play to the strengths of the TEAM and how Mancini feels we will perform best. To change a style of play to get the most out of a single player seems ridiculous when his name isn't Messi.

-- Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:33 pm --

BlueAnorak said:

so i take it you dont see a wing coming in?

NipHolmes said:
fairyfeet said:
NipHolmes said:

He's a great lad and a good player, I simply feel we don't play to his strengths and nor should we. We should play to the strengths of the TEAM and how Mancini feels we will perform best. To change a style of play to get the most out of a single player seems ridiculous when his name isn't Messi.

BlueAnorak said:

He wasn't though Nip. Their best striker was Grafite, and Wolfsburg didn't play with out and out wingers, they had an attacking midfielder just behind the front two (forget his name Man.. sumit). Wolfsburg won the title playing a quick passing game, closing down the opposition when they didn't have the ball. A similar style to ours, but much more direct.

blue wang said:
NipHolmes said:
fairyfeet said:

BlueAnorak said:

I don't see anything right now, I guess but don't know. Mancini and his men are more educated than me and if I can see weakness then so can they.

fairyfeet said:
NipHolmes said:
fairyfeet said:

BlueAnorak said:

He wasn't though Nip. Their best striker was Grafite, and Wolfsburg didn't play with out and out wingers, they had an attacking midfielder just behind the front two (forget his name Man.. sumit). Wolfsburg won the title playing a quick passing game, closing down the opposition when they didn't have the ball. A similar style to ours, but much more direct.

That's correct as they played similarly to Bilboa as in counter and at you. But whereas our play is through Yaya, Silva, Nasri and to the feet he would get delivery from out wide often which resulted to tap-ins and headers, if it was through the middle it was normally from space that was made for him that he isn't luxury to in the prem i.e tight defense minded teams. I think he was better than Grafite but not much in it. They were a tidy partnership, deadly in fact.

What I will say is this, he was allowed a damn site more room in the Bundesliga than he is here and that's his main downfall. Give him space and he will get a screamer but his bread and butter is wide play.

Where and hows Grafite doing now, I lived in Holland for a few months and that's how I stumbled on German footie, not seen or heard of him since.

This has got me thinking, I will look into what goals he scored in games and have a bit of a review about the lad. I rewatched Bosnia v Brazil the otherday and he mugged Brazil with hold up play. They didn't know what hit them.

NipHolmes said:
blue wang said:
NipHolmes said:

I don't see anything right now, I guess but don't know. Mancini and his men are more educated than me and if I can see weakness then so can they.

and potential?

the reason i think the dzeko plan is not finished, is coz initially dzeko was bought at the same time sanchez was a target . i think the combo was a potential plan.

blue wang said:
NipHolmes said:
blue wang said:

and potential?

the reason i think the dzeko plan is not finished, is coz initially dzeko was bought at the same time sanchez was a target . i think the combo was a potential plan.

Not a bad shout, but they would have bought in Jan surely?

Tell you what, I love Richards but a Dani Alves type RB would absolutely be perfect for him. I mean literally hand in glove. It would me we wouldn't need to change much as the team remains the same but we'd have the delivery. Richards is a good defender but his delivery isn't anywhere near Alves's.

The links of the past have me thinking. On a football level he'd be perfect. Clichy one side and Alves the other, drop DeJong/Barry into a 3 man CB when Wingbacks are bombing forward.

Wouldn't happen.

Pedro is your answer btw, a few others too but he'd be my choice if available.

NipHolmes said:
blue wang said:
NipHolmes said:

and potential?

Not a bad shout, but they would have bought in Jan surely?

Tell you what, I love Richards but a Dani Alves type RB would absolutely be perfect for him. I mean literally hand in glove. It would me we wouldn't need to change much as the team remains the same but we'd have the delivery. Richards is a good defender but his delivery isn't anywhere near Alves's.

The links of the past have me thinking. On a football level he'd be perfect. Clichy one side and Alves the other, drop DeJong/Barry into a 3 man CB when Wingbacks are bombing forward.

Wouldn't happen.

Pedro is your answer btw, a few others too but he'd be my choice if available.

you probably right about pedro ? and alves i just wouldnt have the heart to drop richards though.

do think weiss could do a job as a left wing ? or am i dreaming

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.