Dzeko

Rammyblues wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think Mancini shares your view, he would like RVP and the sooner everyone on here gets on board and accepts the fact the better. The only way we will start with the four we have is RVP elects to join another club and with the bile being spouted by Wenger against us and the fact the Rags are pursuing the brazillian kid I believe it is between us and Juventus and I am now firmly of the view all we need to do is bid more than 20m for this to happen.

Wouldn't surprise me if the bomb bay doors are opening as I type this with a bloody big bang monday so that he can join us in China on Tuesday.

RammyBlue, this is not a wind-up or in any way challenging what you are saying but where has this been said; where has Mancini specifically come out and said that RVP is a must, no fail? I ask you as nobody seems to be able to commit.

Can I say I am KFA, Mancini has never said RVP main target and won't fail but the very fact Baconface mentioned we had put a bid in is clear enough to me that our club (Mancini) want him. I haven't seen anything like that for any other player we have been linked with. I have read most of THs posts and even though they are a devil to work out the lad himself has said from day one that he is a target. I know on here some people doubt he is ITK, but even if you leave that to oneside and step back and look at everything objectively

1) Baconface says we have launched a bid (amount disclosed)
2) You have Aguero telling you RVP is World Class
3) RVP won't sign a new contract
4) Wenger moaning about us again having lost Ade, Toure, Nasri and Clichy to us already.
5) Clichy and Nasri proved last season they could leave the Gooners join us and win medals
6) The press have said that agreement has been reached between ourselves and player re contract etc back in March.
7) Mancini has refused to comment because of what happened with Nasri last year.
8) He ain't going on tour to China with them
9) Tevez and Dzeko both saying they ain't leaving.

The only downside to the argument

1) He could win as much stuff with rags as with us
2) He could probably win medals abroad with Juventus
3) His family settled in London (so he might stay for family reasons) but that is tempered by the fact that if he does leave Arsenal he will have to move.

Maybe I am seeing stuff that really isn't there, but we have handled this transfer sensibly if he doesn't come he has already got the backing of Tevez and Dzeko for the forthcoming season. We just can't lose IMO.

Unlike all Adebayors and Santa Cruses of this team - Edin was a VITAL part of championship season...people should consider that when speaking about "offloading".

"Goals per appearance" is the most ridiculous and pointless stat in modern football - since it considers even two-minute cameons at the end of games.

"oh, but he didnt score in 7 appearances"...GTFO - he played combined 200 minutes in them...and that's his BAD spell.

Edin's goals per minute speak enough of his value as STRIKER.

Really hope he stays, he can be a big part of a great, young team.

End of.

-- Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 am --

"if he could have Tottenham-like performance every two games"...REALLY?

Wasnt that this clubs RECORD for goals scored in one league game (if I remember correctly)? So he should have record-setting performance every few games...?

How brilliant. Some people are just...duh.

EaglesFan said:
Unlike all Adebayors and Santa Cruses of this team - Edin was a VITAL part of championship season...people should consider that when speaking about "offloading".

"Goals per appearance" is the most ridiculous and pointless stat in modern football - since it considers even two-minute cameons at the end of games.

"oh, but he didnt score in 7 appearances"...GTFO - he played combined 200 minutes in them...and that's his BAD spell.

End of.

Wasnt that this clubs RECORD for goals scored in one league game (if I remember correctly)? So he should have record-setting performance every few games...?

Yep.

Hart of the matter said:
Not convinced by him as a good squad player. Seen him strop a few times with Mancini.
you are right, but then can you see rvp, tevez or balotelli behave better if they get same amount of playing time as he does?

I know I may invite a little flack for this, but bear with me. Just supposing for one minute, we intend to have 5 strikers. I'm not sure what the prefered combinations are for 4 - Kun & Carlos - Edin & Mario - Edin & Kun etc.

1. Bobby says he wants to compete for everything
2. I don't believe Mario was going to be used as much as he was last season and I think he will be the one to 'continue his education' playing in various postions and formations.
3. There will be 2 games per week
4. We can't be as lucky with injuries
5. RVP will be 'managed' physically
6. Edin and Kun seem happy to be rotated

But the most important thing is, if Carlos does one, we are not in the same postion as we were last season and we can wait for the best deal for him.

Tin hat firmly on.

Hart of the matter said:
Not convinced by him as a good squad player. Seen him strop a few times with Mancini.

A few times? I recall his strop at Bayern, when were the others?

Tony101 said:
Hart of the matter said:
you are right, but then can you see rvp, tevez or balotelli behave better if they get same amount of playing time as he does?

Exactly right. I've been saying all along - even with the number of games we play it's hard to keep 4 big-name strikers on the squad and keep them all happy at all times.

Anyone who thinks Aguero, RVP, Tevez, or Balotelli (particularly two in the middle there) would "behave" better then Dzeko while sitting on the bench is dead wrong IMO.

I mean, imagine Tevez or RVP scoring 4 goals in a game (Dzeko vs. Tottenham) and being benched the next game...:-) Boy, would there be some shit stirring everywhere.

EaglesFan said:
Tony101 said:
Hart of the matter said:

Exactly right. I've been saying all along - even with the number of games we play it's hard to keep 4 big-name strikers on the squad and keep them all happy at all times.

Anyone who thinks Aguero, RVP, Tevez, or Balotelli (particularly two in the middle there) would "behave" better then Dzeko while sitting on the bench is dead wrong IMO.

I mean, imagine Tevez or RVP scoring 4 goals in a game (Dzeko vs. Tottenham) and being benched the next game...:-) Boy, would there be some shit stirring everywhere.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-captain-Robin-van-Persie-blasted-following-Dutch-Euro-2012-exit-201206220012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crunchsports.com/category/So ... 206220012/</a>

RVP got alot of criticism in holland this summer and in fact must wanted huntelaar to start ahead of him before the euros. he has massive ego

EaglesFan said:

End of.

Doesn't excuse his sheer ineptitude of being able to keep hold of the fcuking thing and retain possession. Elementary football, three other three strikers and most likely RVP, goes without saying have this trait. Get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.