Dzeko

paul.manc said:
BlueAnorak said:
Edin scored so many vital goals for us last season.
I think if we got RVP or Cavani we really would get the best out of Dzeko. Someone to share the load for crosses into the box.

For me Dzeko should stay. If anyone is to go it's Tevez.

Other than Spurs and to make it 2-2 against QPR, I can't think of many other times when he scored any 'vital' goals.

So if we were to get RVP, where would Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli fit in, who are all clearly better footballers and fit in more with our style of play

3rd goal in 3-2 win away at Bolton, winner away at Wigan, goal out of nothing v QPR away to get us back in the game. He made a decent contribution last season.

skybluecelt1990 said:
paul.manc said:
BlueAnorak said:
I think if we got RVP or Cavani we really would get the best out of Dzeko. Someone to share the load for crosses into the box.

Other than Spurs and to make it 2-2 against QPR, I can't think of many other times when he scored any 'vital' goals.

So if we were to get RVP, where would Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli fit in, who are all clearly better footballers and fit in more with our style of play

3rd goal in 3-2 win away at Bolton, winner away at Wigan, goal out of nothing v QPR away to get us back in the game. He made a decent contribution last season.

Second goal against QPR at home was quite important imo.

paul.manc said:
BlueAnorak said:

bolton away, qpr away, wolves home, wigan away all spring to mind

greasedupdeafguy said:
alextheswede said:
watch this video and tell me we don't have a world class striker in Edin Dzeko... KEEP HIM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aUMGkabCic[/youtube]
Hes not world class

...in your opinion.

IMO he is :)

we have seen what he can do, he just needs to do it more often, and for him to do that we need a wide player who can beat a man and cross well... Bale would have been perfect

greasedupdeafguy said:
alextheswede said:
watch this video and tell me we don't have a world class striker in Edin Dzeko... KEEP HIM

Hes not world class

Hate this phrase, and I hate this response, although I have been at times guilty of it myself. No offence intended though greasedupdeafguy, but it produces a situation where people scramble over another to label players as world class, on the skrtel thread some dipper reckoned he was worth 30 mil better than lescott but did n't give any evidence to back it up. I remember the guardian IIRC mocking jamie redknapp's labelling of players as top, top top or top top top; it was obviously a response to the problem of labelling someone world class but of course it was an idiot's response.

The obvious question is does it matter if Dzeko is n't world class and the answer is no, he may show the peak of his talents in the EPL a bit later than usual, you don't need a squad of 11 world class players or 11 world class players to be effective, the best Barcelona side was the 08-09 side, in the final they had puyol at RB, Yaya at CB, sylvinho at LB, and henry on the left; at the moment of time none of those players were world class in that position. The notion that dzeko has to go because he does n't fit our style is wrong, because you have to have players that don't fit your style for situations like QPR at home, Barcelona had no one that challenged them to mix it up against Chelsea and so they got knocked out. What does he give us? he gives our fullbacks and joe hart an outlet, when confident he has a good touch, scores with either feet, his head and even his knee, can play a good pass to make an assist, strike powerful shots from distance produce gut busting runs from inside his own half.

Keep him, we need him, keep the current four; Aguero and Balotelli will be at the peak of their powers in the next few years, Edin will improve and Tevez will play in the withdrawn role, the team will be even more creative and we will score more goals.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
alextheswede said:

Hes not world class

Hate this phrase, and I hate this response, although I have been at times guilty of it myself. No offence intended though greasedupdeafguy, but it produces a situation where people scramble over another to label players as world class, on the skrtel thread some dipper reckoned he was worth 30 mil better than lescott but did n't give any evidence to back it up. I remember the guardian IIRC mocking jamie redknapp's labelling of players as top, top top or top top top; it was obviously a response to the problem of labelling someone world class but of course it was an idiot's response.

The obvious question is does it matter if Dzeko is n't world class and the answer is no, he may show the peak of his talents in the EPL a bit later than usual, you don't need a squad of 11 world class players or 11 world class players to be effective, the best Barcelona side was the 08-09 side, in the final they had puyol at RB, Yaya at CB, sylvinho at LB, and henry on the left; at the moment of time none of those players were world class in that position. The notion that dzeko has to go because he does n't fit our style is wrong, because you have to have players that don't fit your style for situations like QPR at home, Barcelona had no one that challenged them to mix it up against Chelsea and so they got knocked out. What does he give us? he gives our fullbacks and joe hart an outlet, when confident he has a good touch, scores with either feet, his head and even his knee, can play a good pass to make an assist, strike powerful shots from distance produce gut busting runs from inside his own half.

Keep him, we need him, keep the current four; Aguero and Balotelli will be at the peak of their powers in the next few years, Edin will improve and Tevez will play in the withdrawn role, the team will be even more creative and we will score more goals.
How can anyone call him world class when he hardly starts for us, strikers like tevez, aguero, rooney, van persie etc are the next level up on Dzeko imo. Why keep a striker whose on stupid wages when hes not going to play that often, he was fucking dismal when he started last season I appreciate he did score some important goals but to call him world class is laughable.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
alextheswede said:

Hes not world class

A really good post.

greasedupdeafguy said:
How can anyone call him world class when he hardly starts for us, strikers like tevez, aguero, rooney, van persie etc are the next level up on Dzeko imo.

CAREER statistics for the players you mention:

Dzeko (a) 151 (b) 363 (c) 106
Aguero (a) 156 (b) 378 (c) 110
Tevez (a) 186 (b) 376 (c) 125
van Persie (a) 241 (b) 490 (c) 162
Rooney (a) 174 (b) 395 (c) 121

(a) = minutes per goal
(b) = minutes per assist
(c) = minutes per assist or goal

Quite simply you need a greater level of consistency to be world class, Dzeko blows hot and cold far too much. If he could play like he did against Spurs every second game then he would be world class and possibly the best target man in the world... he was better than Ibra and Benzema on that day but only that day unfortunately.

sbm said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
How can anyone call him world class when he hardly starts for us, strikers like tevez, aguero, rooney, van persie etc are the next level up on Dzeko imo.

CAREER statistics for the players you mention:

Dzeko (a) 151 (b) 363 (c) 106
Aguero (a) 156 (b) 378 (c) 110
Tevez (a) 186 (b) 376 (c) 125
van Persie (a) 241 (b) 490 (c) 162
Rooney (a) 174 (b) 395 (c) 121

(a) = minutes per goal
(b) = minutes per assist
(c) = minutes per assist or goal
So you would say Dzeko is better than the other 4 players there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.