Dzeko

Hart of the matter said:
Not convinced by him as a good squad player. Seen him strop a few times with Mancini.

3504341888_8c78a278f6_z.jpg

city diehard said:
EaglesFan said:
Unlike all Adebayors and Santa Cruses of this team - Edin was a VITAL part of championship season...people should consider that when speaking about "offloading".

"Goals per appearance" is the most ridiculous and pointless stat in modern football - since it considers even two-minute cameons at the end of games.

"oh, but he didnt score in 7 appearances"...GTFO - he played combined 200 minutes in them...and that's his BAD spell.

Edin's goals per minute speak enough of his value as STRIKER.

Really hope he stays, he can be a big part of a great, young team.

End of.

-- Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 am --

"if he could have Tottenham-like performance every two games"...REALLY?

Wasnt that this clubs RECORD for goals scored in one league game (if I remember correctly)? So he should have record-setting performance every few games...?

How brilliant. Some people are just...duh.

Doesn't excuse his sheer ineptitude of being able to keep hold of the fcuking thing and retain possession. Elementary football, three other three strikers and most likely RVP, goes without saying have this trait. Get rid.

In bold - something you dont have a first clue about, apparently?

When it comes to holding up the ball/shielding and air duels/kick outs - one could argue Dzeko is better in that respect than any other of our three forwards (reserving judgement on RVP, didnt watch many of his games last year) especially since Aguero and Tevez are fucking midgets. Just have a go at cricket or something...

EaglesFan said:
city diehard said:
EaglesFan said:
Unlike all Adebayors and Santa Cruses of this team - Edin was a VITAL part of championship season...people should consider that when speaking about "offloading".

"Goals per appearance" is the most ridiculous and pointless stat in modern football - since it considers even two-minute cameons at the end of games.

"oh, but he didnt score in 7 appearances"...GTFO - he played combined 200 minutes in them...and that's his BAD spell.

Edin's goals per minute speak enough of his value as STRIKER.

Really hope he stays, he can be a big part of a great, young team.

End of.

-- Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 am --

"if he could have Tottenham-like performance every two games"...REALLY?

Wasnt that this clubs RECORD for goals scored in one league game (if I remember correctly)? So he should have record-setting performance every few games...?

How brilliant. Some people are just...duh.

Doesn't excuse his sheer ineptitude of being able to keep hold of the fcuking thing and retain possession. Elementary football, three other three strikers and most likely RVP, goes without saying have this trait. Get rid.

When it comes to holding up the ball/shielding and air duels/kick outs - one could argue Dzeko is better in that respect than any other of our three forwards (reserving judgement on RVP, didnt watch many of his games last year) especially since Aguero and Tevez are fucking midgets. Just have a go at cricket or something...

I like Dzeko, I really want him to do well, but do not kid yourself into thinking Dzeko has a good first touch. And I would argue strongly that even with their size, Tevez and Aguero can be better at holding the ball up when it's played into their feet.

dancity19 said:
EaglesFan said:
city diehard said:

I like Dzeko, I really want him to do well, but do not kid yourself into thinking Dzeko has a good first touch. And I would argue strongly that even with their size, Tevez and Aguero can be better at holding the ball up when it's played into their feet.

I don't think Dzeko is good at holding the ball up but I think he has a fantastic 1st touch. He loses the ball because he either doesn't concentrate or doesn't use his body well enough imo, not because of lack of skill. It still results in him losing the ball either way, but I think he can improve a lot & would like to see him get one more season to see if he can raise his game.

He isn't far off it at all.

Dzeko has the first touch of a rapist, and plays as though he wearing clown shoes BUT the fact remains that he had a better goals per minutes played average last season than Wayne Rooney (if you take out penners, which Rooney takes for Utd but Dzeko doesnt for us).

And one is a hero, yet the other one is a failure.

lost_n_spaced said:
Dzeko has the first touch of a rapist, and plays as though he wearing clown shoes BUT the fact remains that he had a better goals per minutes played average last season than Wayne Rooney (if you take out penners, which Rooney takes for Utd but Dzeko doesnt for us).

And one is a hero, yet the other one is a failure.

Always exaggerated. His first touch is no worse than other centre forwards of his size...not great, but not "of a rapist"....ADEQUATE would be the word. His role is not to drop back in midfield and create magic (something he was forced to do many times last season)...he is lethal in front of the goal, where he belongs.

His first touch is being scrutinized way too much, while being more than sufficient for what he was brought in for.

Edin probably isn't technically gifted enough to play in the current set up, if he was to play as the main forward with wide players putting in crosses, his dodgy first touch wouldn't be so noticeable.

EaglesFan said:

I'm a fan of Dzeko, i like him, i want him to stay... but he's a player who continually manages to combine Sunday League and Champions League football into a single performance.

Aguero and Tevez are two of the trickiest players to win the ball from, Tevez perhaps one of the best in the league at using his body to protect the ball. Dzeko's first touch is oten 2 yards away from him, which makes shielding the ball quite difficult.

As you've said yourself... Cricket?

GStar said:
EaglesFan said:

I'm a fan of Dzeko, i like him, i want him to stay... but he's a player who continually manages to combine Sunday League and Champions League football into a single performance.

Aguero and Tevez are two of the trickiest players to win the ball from, Tevez perhaps one of the best in the league at using his body to protect the ball. Dzeko's first touch is oten 2 yards away from him, which makes shielding the ball quite difficult.

Seems that, Eagles Fan apart, we are mostly of a like mind here. I too like Dzeko, I think he's good for morale, scores a few goals, and get him running into space and he's a reasonably inventive and dangerous player. However, his first touch with his back to goal is consistently awful, and if anyone thinks differently then I suggest they go use Balotelli, whose first touch is exquisite under pressure, as a comparison.

GStar said:
EaglesFan said:

We're talking about two different things...seems you're talking about running with the ball, facing the goal - where Tevez and Aguero are far superior players...as they are both more agile, faster, and technically superior.
I was referring more to hold up with back towards the goal, setting up counter-attacks, and kick-outs (Joe or back 4)...there is only one reason why they are in 90% of time aimed towards Dzeko. Two completely different aspects of the game, where in the latter Dzeko is far more superior than any other forward on the team (with Mario closing in, it seems).

-- Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:38 pm --

Exeter Blue I am here said:
GStar said:
EaglesFan said:

Seems that, Eagles Fan apart, we are mostly of a like mind here. I too like Dzeko, I think he's good for morale, scores a few goals, and get him running into space and he's a reasonably inventive and dangerous player. However, his first touch with his back to goal is consistently awful, and if anyone thinks differently then I suggest they go use Balotelli, whose first touch is exquisite under pressure, as a comparison.

Look - all I'm saying is that some people are overexaggerating the whole "first touch" thing...it's not great, but it's not awful either.

If his first touch was "of a rapist", in the end, he would NOT BE PLAYING for MCFC, nor would he be desired by many scouts and managers as he is.

He wouldnt be able to get away with it if his first touch was THAT poor, and it's not like this was his first season...kid already has a great career behind him.
That's why I call it going overboard with the whole "first touch" brigade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.