Dzeko

sbm said:
pudge said:
sbm said:
Amen.

There has always been a minority of 'supporters' who got their kicks from slagging off the team or individual players. I can still recall being puzzled 60 years ago when my father took me to City games (with a big box to stand on): I couldn't understand why such people bothered to go to games. Later I realised in many cases it was just a way of letting off steam after a very hard week's work.

Unfortunately it has got worse. Some of the criticisms you allude to have been diabolical and are not "typical City fan" (of old, at least). I suspect that the problem has got much worse because of the internet, where the best way to attract attention in a fans forum is to outdo others in "smart arsiness" and to use as many swear words as possible.
What's wrong with fairly criticising a player?

I've only criticised Dzeko when he's played poorly and have only alluded to his awful first touch outside of a match this once. (yet have been labelled a 'hater')

Does that make me spoiled and snidey?

There is nothing wrong with "fair criticism" (by definition). But that implies necessarily that criticisms can be "unfair" and that it is not the case that "anything goes".

For what it is worth, I did not have you in mind. In fact, the one thing that I can remember about your posts re Dzeko has been your pointing out that Aguero + Dzeko has been an effective partnership.

The sorts of things I have in mind, quoting from the last few pages, are: "fucking dismal"; "far more dog shit performances than good ones last year"; "his sheer ineptitude of being able to keep hold of the fcuking thing and retain possession"; "watching both for 5 minutes shows that one (Rooney) is leagues ahead of the other (Dzeko)"; "he couldn't even trap a bag of cement". These are not fair criticisms of a player who, leaving penalties aside, had the same minutes per goal or assist as van Persie last season and is way ahead of him taking their careers. These are ignorant criticisms of a player who is 8th in the Castrol Edge Ranking of every player in Europe's top five leagues. This ranking is based "purely on objective data on the positive or negative impact on his team's likely performance of every touch by a player” (my emphasis).

60 years ago, my father took me to City one week and United the next (It was quite common in those days). I became a City supporter partly because of Bert Trautmann. But another major reason was that there has always been something about City supporters that differentiated them from the arrogance / superiority of many United supporters. It bothers me that too many City supporters are starting to display that same sort of arrogance.
You Sir, need to post more often.

After reading what as felt like hours, i have concluded that the vast majority share a unique perspective on Dzeko. This in turn, means that our subjectivity has become increasingly criticized by other members.

It's safe to assume that there is no "accurate" portrayal of Dzeko. So instead of expressing my opinion on him, I will leave you all with this...

As fellow city fans, we all strive for the same objective. The sheer fact that Dzeko has contributed to our successful 11/12 campaign and is willing to stay on as a 4th striker and fight for his position in the team is a rare trait that the overwhelming majority of strikers will not possess.

So let's all be positive and commend our strike force for what it is.... The leagues best attack.

Cityinmyheart said:
Dzeko is a very lucky striker although i cannot see him developing more in near future.

First time i hear such thing as a "very lucky striker"... What's a very lucky striker ?

There are 3 views on Dzeko from this forum;

1) He's a good player who doesn't suit our system
2) He has more bad days than good
3) He's God

I rate Edin and hope he stay's.

Just my personal opinion though.

He scored enough goals and was no jermaine "i score against already defeated teams as a sub in the last 10mins" defoe.
He did the business imo and was not afforded any grace when he hit a dip as Balo was given.

I'll tickle your gooch Edin dun you worry.

The fact that he improved last year on his first and now people want to get rid of him, smacks of stupidity. If he had stagnated or gone backwards, I could understand, but who is to say he won't turn 13 league goals into 20+ this year... FFS people have literally no patience.

Roll On City said:
Dzeko is not good enough for City. End off

If it hadn't been for Edin in the QPR game we would not be CHAMPIONS, used correctly ie: with wingers - he would be devastating, talk of getting rid is so short sighted its untrue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.