Dzeko

adorado30 said:
Cityinmyheart said:
Dzeko is a very lucky striker although i cannot see him developing more in near future.

First time i hear such thing as a "very lucky striker"... What's a very lucky striker ?

Remember hearing this about the goat.... sometimes people don't want to accept that to play at that level and score that many goals consistently... takes talent..... and heaps of it...

Was Edin lucky in Germany winning the title there too?? This 'luck' must just follow him around... wish i could buy some of that....

I can only assume his 4th against Spurs was a cross that 'luckily' went in to the top corner.

No talent that kid....

city diehard said:
EaglesFan said:
When it comes to holding up the ball/shielding and air duels/kick outs - one could argue Dzeko is better in that respect than any other of our three forwards (reserving judgement on RVP, didnt watch many of his games last year) especially since Aguero and Tevez are fucking midgets. Just have a go at cricket or something...

Didn't you catch the numerous amount of times that he couldn't even trap a bag of cement or does your obsession with his player blind you from such flaws in his game?

Every player (Messi included) has flaws to his game. How about Mario's passing? How about Aguero's aerial ability? They are just as average as Dzeko's first touch.
So what? They are great in other aspects of the game. The problem is you and alikes purposely fail to see good sides of his game.

That's very specific to Dzeko on this board actually - his shortcomings are highlighted, his skills are simply overseen.
When ball bounces off him on occassion - hell breaks loose. When he does something great, which he does just as often - reaction is "meh".
If in each game he has equal amount of poor touches and great plays - he will be scapegoated on the Matchday thread. Was a trend last year, and will be again.

And I dont have a blind obsession with him, I just appreciate him as a player much more than you do, obviously.
And considering his role in winning the title last year-you are the one who should reconsider your unreasonable attitude towards the kid.

EaglesFan said:
city diehard said:
EaglesFan said:
When it comes to holding up the ball/shielding and air duels/kick outs - one could argue Dzeko is better in that respect than any other of our three forwards (reserving judgement on RVP, didnt watch many of his games last year) especially since Aguero and Tevez are fucking midgets. Just have a go at cricket or something...

Didn't you catch the numerous amount of times that he couldn't even trap a bag of cement or does your obsession with his player blind you from such flaws in his game?

Every player (Messi included) has flaws to his game. How about Mario's passing? How about Aguero's aerial ability? They are just as average as Dzeko's first touch.
So what? They are great in other aspects of the game. The problem is you and alikes purposely fail to see good sides of his game.

That's very specific to Dzeko on this board actually - his shortcomings are highlighted, his skills are simply overseen.
When ball bounces off him on occassion - hell breaks loose. When he does something great, which he does just as often - reaction is "meh".
If in each game he has equal amount of poor touches and great plays - he will be scapegoated on the Matchday thread. Was a trend last year, and will be again.

And I dont have a blind obsession with him, I just appreciate him as a player much more than you do, obviously.
And considering his role in winning the title last year-you are the one who should reconsider your unreasonable attitude towards the kid.

That's funny, when you listed all of his skills and said that he was arguably better at them than all three players, i shook my head and said NO!

Roll On City said:
Dzeko is not good enough for City. End off

He plainly is good enough.
He scored many vital goals and we will need his underused skills for plans B, C & D next season. Unless our counter attacking improves and our crossing improves and our getting players into the box (to give Dzeko more 1-on-1 with a defender rather than 1-on-2or3) improves, we will NOT repeat the championship. Dzeko is our only striker who gives us these additional options NOW.

Something going around about Dzeko not being in a team photo or something, trying to clarify what this is.

In other Footy world.. Juan Roman has come on second half for Barcelona.

Dzeko not going to China. Said he is still injured.
I hope it is just precautionary and we are not keeping him back incase he has to fly off for a medical etc.

Dzeko not going to China. Said he is still injured.
I hope it is just precautionary and we are not keeping him back incase he has to fly off for a medical etc.

Conspiracy theorists might say that a swap deal is on the cards with Arsenal for RVP who is also injured :-)

If we let Dzeko go to Arsenal that is just a complete masterstroke from Wenger.

Will score bag loads of goals when your up top with service from Podolski and Arteta etc.

He either goes abroad or preferably no where.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.