Dzeko

Seosa said:
Is "get off my pole" a regular statement in Bosnia or is Jasmine Eagle's 2nd account?

Wow in any other forum, you would´ve been banned days ago. You havent contributed with a single intelligent post in this thread. Are you 8?

Sorry for me going offtopic but i had to say that...

Also I hope Dzeko stays and fights for his place, but i understand if he signs for another club.
All players that won us the PL last season are legends in my eyes, including dzeko.

BoomCrashSmack said:
Seosa said:
Is "get off my pole" a regular statement in Bosnia or is Jasmine Eagle's 2nd account?

Wow in any other forum, you would´ve been banned days ago. You havent contributed with a single intelligent post in this thread. Are you 8?

Sorry for me going offtopic but i had to say that...

Also I hope Dzeko stays and fights for his place, but i understand if he signs for another club.
All players that won us the PL last season are legends in my eyes, including dzeko.

Lol, banned? What on, RAWK?

I like Dzeko. He does have a touch like a rapist and he does look clumsy 90% of the time he is on but he does score. That said he doesn't look happy and as I do like the guy maybe we should let him move on and put Guidetti in his place. Easily still pick up £20 odd for Dzeko and he will be happier at a club where he is not in rotation which really doesn't suit him

It's pretty hard coming into a game with basically 2-3 minutes left and having your chance suddenly fall to you. Players who are down on confidence, generally look like they are second guessing themselves and can react slowly. Dzeko is a guy without confidence atm, and barely playing at all during the pre-season does not help.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I like Dzeko. He does have a touch like a rapist and he does look clumsy 90% of the time he is on but he does score. That said he doesn't look happy and as I do like the guy maybe we should let him move on and put Guidetti in his place. Easily still pick up £20 odd for Dzeko and he will be happier at a club where he is not in rotation which really doesn't suit him
Not sure why posters keep suggesting Guidetti as a 4th striker?
He has said many times he doesnt want to be warming the bench for us.
He's said he would rather be playing at a lesser club to get playing time/experience.
He needs to be loaned out in a top league IMO.

Plain Speaking said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
He's said he would rather be playing at a lesser club to get playing time/experience.
Well i think he would get quite a few games as 4th striker like all the 4 last season did, okay Tevez was golfing but they all ha d a fair few games

Plain Speaking said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
If he doesn't prove his fitness before the deadline, I think we may be stuck with him from whenever he recovers until the end of the season. Think Dzeko will be gone come September as well. Not ideal for anyone but just think it may happpen,

The Dzeko situations a tough one really, when you consider that we have a strike force of Aguero, Tevez and Balo alongside him he's definitely fourth choice in the pecking order and to be honest he does solidify that opinion with his performances.

That said he was an important part of our squad last year and when you consider he played 30 games in the EPL with almost half those of the bench and nabbed 14 goals, that's still an excellent return for a striker. The goal he scored against QPR (away) for example stands out for me as one of the best of the season.

However, when compared to Kun, Tevez and Balo who all have similar/better scoring records and are also capable of creating chances he's not up to speed. As others have mentioned his touch often lets him down in the final third and he can certainly seem ponderous at best. I mean last night was a perfect example: he had acres of space to advance on the goal but was embarrassingly caught.

Personally, I like Dzeko. I think he's a good player and were he happy to come of the bench more regularly than start, he should stay. He provides an alternative, aerial option for us should RM wish to utilise our pushed winger 4-4-2 and has an excellent goalscoring record. However, keeping 4 excellent strikers happy for the entirety of the season is an extremely tough ask for Bobby and of the 4 Dzeko is the weakest link.

The thing is I don't think we'd solve anything by shipping him out and bringing RVP or Cavani or Falcao or any other striker we've been linked with in. Our squad might be slightly improved, however, we'd still have an abundance of talent with players missing out each week and slowly growing discontented whilst getting splinters in their ass.

Some mention that Guidetti could step up as our 4th striker. I don't believe this is the solution either as he A) Needs game-time to develop and B) Weakens our squad as he isn't as good as Dzeko.

I expect at this rate, unless we see a big offer coming in, we'll hold onto Dzeko until January and re-evaluate then. Who knows Balo or Sergio may get injured resulting in more game-time for Edin, anythings possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.