Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
sam-caddick said:
ell said:
Anyone else be happy IF we sold Dzeko, to bring in Mandzukic?

I really think hes underrated by many and 32 in 51 for Bayern is an excellent record. With Lewandowski coming in the summer would Bayern be willing to sell?

If we were to sell Dzeko then for me we have to bring in another Sergio type forward who can make quick elusive runs, low to the ground dibbling etc etc...

Completely agree, when Aguero's out we miss someone who can run in behind and stretch defences.

Is why we've been linked with Lukaku this morning, Pelli resigned to Edin looking for pastures new. Chelsea said to be after £20m plus

gouldybob said:
sam-caddick said:
If we were to sell Dzeko then for me we have to bring in another Sergio type forward who can make quick elusive runs, low to the ground dibbling etc etc...

Completely agree, when Aguero's out we miss someone who can run in behind and stretch defences.

Is why we've been linked with Lukaku this morning, Pelli resigned to Edin looking for pastures new. Chelsea said to be after £20m plus

Tbh I just wish we still had tevez, him and Sergio always look a threat, can't say the same for dzeko.

Hm...

“It is very difficult to win titles anywhere and the Bundesliga and the Premier League are among the hardest to win, but I enjoyed winning the league with Wolfsburg and it was amazing to win it with City and I hope to win it many more times as a City player.”

I liked the idea of using Dzeko as bait for Marco Reus. Although I could see him joining one of the big Spanish clubs instead.

callumcity said:
gouldybob said:

Tbh I just wish we still had tevez, him and Sergio always look a threat, can't say the same for dzeko.

Come on Callum I would not give Tevez the chance even though he guaranteed 50 goals for the next season. Simply because his character.
The things he did against this club, all the trash talking to South American media, even though we gave him everything and maximum amount of support.

Thanks for all the goals and the amazing hard work. But things must go on...

CityFan94 said:
ell said:
Anyone else be happy IF we sold Dzeko, to bring in Mandzukic?

I really think hes underrated by many and 32 in 51 for Bayern is an excellent record. With Lewandowski coming in the summer would Bayern be willing to sell?

I think Mandzukic will leave, but not to us.

I think Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic (hopefully sign Reus too) will be enough next season as I feel like we'll move away from the 4-4-2 and will play with a single centre forward.

Highly doubt this would happen though. Pell has a record for employing a 4-4-2/4-2-2-2, with 2 strikers being his favorite deployment. Negredo hasn't shown that he can get the goals as often, and Jovetic's still young, but extremely promising. I wouldn't fancy that we rely on Aguero solely for goals again, much like we had this season.

...Now, imagine if Tevez is still around.

CityMasta said:
callumcity said:
gouldybob said:

Come on Callum I would not give Tevez the chance even though he guaranteed 50 goals for the next season. Simply because his character.
The things he did against this club, all the trash talking to South American media, even though we gave him everything and maximum amount of support.

Thanks for all the goals and the amazing hard work. But things must go on...

Yeah his behaviour put me off a little, but at the end of the day there's only a handful of players like tevez, the lad always looked like scoring and made opportunities for himself, dzeko? Neither. I think dzeko is criminally overrated to those who aren't city fans, the amount of easy chances he gets and messes them up, sick of him.

I'd say get a player like tevez, but there isn't one, jovetic is the closest we've got, you'd have thought aguero but he's a bit different, less direct, and doesn't really drop as deep, still as good of a player though, we're lucky to have him.

I'd love to sell Dzeko. But then I ask myself,

"How many other strikers in the world would be happy to play as third choice and still bag over 20 goals in a season?"

And then I want to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.