Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

gogop said:
Golden Balls said:
To lay it all down...no way is Dzeko better than Aguero.
Aguero's skill and flair in general play is quite marvellous to watch. Take the 15thmin in tonight's game (I think)...when he nuttied gabbidon and ran up the byline. Dzeko could never pull a crafty move like that.

0:25 min.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcz58-igl3w[/youtube]

sweet goal - I think Dzeko is awesome

The stat about 80% of his goals being scored with first touch is truely awesome

Amel said:
kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

What I'd like to see is for him to become more physical, I'd like him to watch videos of the likes of Drogba, Shearer, hell even Kevin Davies, and learn from them, because if he can use his height and strength to become a striker that defenders can't deal with physically, like Drogba was a couple of years ago, he'd be truly immense.

I actually agree with pretty much everything you say there kenzie but I do reckon its a bit harsh saying he went missing between scoring and setting up silva there were only 9 minutes between goals and we were defending for the first 5 minutes of the second half.

All of you guys need to get your fokin head outta ya arse!!

What did you think buying world class players with millions with various nationalities contributed??

THERES A REASON WHY MOST OF THE FANS IN MANCHESTER SUPPORTED CITY!!

WE WERE A SHIT CLUB WITH NO FOOKIN INTERNATIONAL APPEAL TO FANS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES!! MANURE WASNT, THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A WORLDWIDE GLOBAL FANBASE!!

Having the Dzeko groupies on here comes with the territory of world domination!!

Fans in Spain support us cuz of Silva, Belgians like us cuz of Kompany, Africans dig us cuz of Yaya and Kolo!

Italians love us cuz of Mancini and the media adore us cuz of BALO!!

They wank of Dzeko and so what?? Let them be proud of their idol.. At least the club is gonna make profit from ppl buying Dzeko shirts!!

We can all support Manchester City whether we are from Manchester or not!!

This is where we are heading - so i suggest you all get your head out of your arse, support the club, let those who wanna wank Dzeko off do so without being told they are hated!!

How the fook can you even open your mouth and say you hate another person, do you even know what that word means??

You are all acting like villagers!! The day the club was bought the village mentality was changed!

If Dzeko was from Abu Dhabi, you have no idea what you would be getting into, would you then slag Abu Dhabi fans off??

It is annoying - YES!! BUT THAT IS WHAT COMES WITH WANTING TO BE AT THE SAME TABLE AS REAL MADRID, UNITED, CITY, ARSENAL, BARCA!!

GET WITH IT!!

Mancini - ohhh said:

What did you think buying world class players with millions with various nationalities contributed??

WE WERE A SHIT CLUB WITH NO FOOKIN INTERNATIONAL APPEAL TO FANS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES!! MANURE WASNT, THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A WORLDWIDE GLOBAL FANBASE!!

Having the Dzeko groupies on here comes with the territory of world domination!!

Fans in Spain support us cuz of Silva, Belgians like us cuz of Kompany, Africans dig us cuz of Yaya and Kolo!

They wank of Dzeko and so what?? Let them be proud of their idol.. At least the club is gonna make profit from ppl buying Dzeko shirts!!

This is where we are heading - so i suggest you all get your head out of your arse, support the club, let those who wanna wank Dzeko off do so without being told they are hated!!

How the fook can you even open your mouth and say you hate another person, do you even know what that word means??

You are all acting like villagers!! The day the club was bought the village mentality was changed!

If Dzeko was from Abu Dhabi, you have no idea what you would be getting into, would you then slag Abu Dhabi fans off??

It is annoying - YES!! BUT THAT IS WHAT COMES WITH WANTING TO BE AT THE SAME TABLE AS REAL MADRID, UNITED, CITY, ARSENAL, BARCA!!

GET WITH IT!!
There's nothing wrong with Bosnians supporting Dzeko, Italians supporting Mancini, French supporting Nasri etc.etc., or even wanking over them, so long as they don't leave a mess :-)

What is wrong - and this seems especially true of some Dzeko fans, is perpetual posting in threads to criticise and denigrate other City players, because they are possible "rivals" for Dzeko in team selection, and because they don't happen to be Bosnian.

To complain of this sort of one-player fannery (sorry if that isn't a proper word) is the reverse of "village mentality".

Those who accept that Man.City is now a "world club", with the potential for being a dominant force in European and world football, should surely realise the harm in the excessive idolatry given to one player, at the expense of the team as a whole.

Frank H said:
Mancini - ohhh said:

GET WITH IT!!
There's nothing wrong with Bosnians supporting Dzeko, Italians supporting Mancini, French supporting Nasri etc.etc., or even wanking over them, so long as they don't leave a mess :-)

What is wrong - and this seems especially true of some Dzeko fans, is perpetual posting in threads to criticise and denigrate other City players, because they are possible "rivals" for Dzeko in team selection, and because they don't happen to be Bosnian.

To complain of this sort of one-player fannery (sorry if that isn't a proper word) is the reverse of "village mentality".

Those who accept that Man.City is now a "world club", with the potential for being a dominant force in European and world football, should surely realise the harm in the excessive idolatry given to one player, at the expense of the team as a whole.

Couldn't have said it better :)

The whole situation is a big mess. As a Bosnian, it's pretty embarrassing to read some of the comments on this board, but it's not even just that. If you go on goal.com or youtube, some of the comments about the France game, or the upcoming Portugal ties... they're pretty embarrassing as well.

I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think there might be a couple of different factors. Perhaps it's that football and the internet naturally attract a lot of immature people and people with issues and so you kind of see the worst of society. Perhaps there's just a lot of bitterness, anger, chauvinism and borderline racism that's been amplified by the war and the tough situation that a lot of Bosnians find themselves in. Maybe our piece of shit, sensationalist media drum a chronic sense of injustice into people's heads. Maybe the relatively good English of a lot of Bosnians means you have the privilege of seeing this all come out more than you would with certain other groups.

Then there are the pieces that aren't inherently negative. Dzeko is a national hero. We have a very strong claim to being the most football-obsessed people in the world. It's tied in to a lot of things bigger than just the football and so people take criticism more personally.

But even given all this, there are still times when I'm left frustrated by some of the City fans. Another poster said it well earlier. It's not just that all players receive their fair share of abuse with criticism, with Dzeko it seems particularly harsh. He's been around for years, he's proven himself on every conceivable level by now and yet you still have people microanalyzing every little detail of his games and then making these ridiculous pronouncements about him and his basic talent, playing style, etc.

It's ridiculous to keep hearing "He has no pace" (really not that slow guys...), "First touch of an elephant" (Inconsistent, yes, but then sometimes fantastic), "He needs crosses!" (i.e. he can't function any other way - not true), "He's not as talented as Balo/Kun/whoever (what the hell does that even mean?), "He's just a goal poacher, you can't expect him to do anything else" (Also ridiculous) ... the list goes on and on and on.

How many times do you hear this kind of basic stuff about other City players? Yeah, Tevez is selfish and Mario is crazy, but that's really about it... nowhere near the kind of basic football criticism Dzeko is getting, and that Dzeko has been getting regularly since almost day 1.

Yeah, it's a little annoying. If Tevez or Aguerro or whoever have a bad game, people will criticize them but they'll usually put it down to bad form or bad luck. Sometimes they'll blame the team as a whole. And if one of them scores a goal and assists while going missing for portions of the game, no one really mentions it, at least not the way people do with Dzeko.

I guess what it comes down to is, everyone recognizes that, say, Aguerro is a good footballer, and when he messes up in one game, much less "goes missing" for nine minutes between a goal and an assist, people generally forgive him. But if Dzeko makes the same mistake, then it brings into question whether he's even a good footballer. Maybe it's because he's not from Brazil or Argentina or some trendy country like that, maybe because he's not a small pacey forward, maybe his Bosnian fanbase doesn't help this and maybe it's a combination of all these things. I'm not sure what it is, but I've noticed a double standard either way.

Nurah said:
The whole situation is a big mess. As a Bosnian, it's pretty embarrassing to read some of the comments on this board, but it's not even just that. If you go on goal.com or youtube, some of the comments about the France game, or the upcoming Portugal ties... they're pretty embarrassing as well.

I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think there might be a couple of different factors. Perhaps it's that football and the internet naturally attract a lot of immature people and people with issues and so you kind of see the worst of society. Perhaps there's just a lot of bitterness, anger, chauvinism and borderline racism that's been amplified by the war and the tough situation that a lot of Bosnians find themselves in. Maybe our piece of shit, sensationalist media drum a chronic sense of injustice into people's heads. Maybe the relatively good English of a lot of Bosnians means you have the privilege of seeing this all come out more than you would with certain other groups.

Then there are the pieces that aren't inherently negative. Dzeko is a national hero. We have a very strong claim to being the most football-obsessed people in the world. It's tied in to a lot of things bigger than just the football and so people take criticism more personally.

But even given all this, there are still times when I'm left frustrated by some of the City fans. Another poster said it well earlier. It's not just that all players receive their fair share of abuse with criticism, with Dzeko it seems particularly harsh. He's been around for years, he's proven himself on every conceivable level by now and yet you still have people microanalyzing every little detail of his games and then making these ridiculous pronouncements about him and his basic talent, playing style, etc.

Yeah, it's a little annoying. If Tevez or Aguerro or whoever have a bad game, people will criticize them but they'll usually put it down to bad form or bad luck. Sometimes they'll blame the team as a whole. And if one of them scores a goal and assists while going missing for portions of the game, no one really mentions it, at least not the way people do with Dzeko.

I guess what it comes down to is, everyone recognizes that, say, Aguerro is a good footballer, and when he messes up in one game, much less "goes missing" for nine minutes between a goal and an assist, people generally forgive him. But if Dzeko makes the same mistake, then it brings into question whether he's even a good footballer. Maybe it's because he's not from Brazil or Argentina or some trendy country like that, maybe because he's not a small pacey forward, maybe his Bosnian fanbase doesn't help this and maybe it's a combination of all these things. I'm not sure what it is, but I've noticed a double standard either way.
Nurah, many thanks for your balanced and thoughtful post.

I certainly haven't read every post on every player in this forum, but from what I have seen, Dzeko is far from alone in being singled out for what is sometimes quite unfair criticism. And much of this does seem to be in reaction to a particularly vocal (in posting) group of Dzeko fans. These not only praise Edin - which is quite OK - but also denigrate other City players by comparing them unfavourably with him. This sort of thing will understandably annoy many City fans, who may react by being over-critical of Dzeko.

I believe that it is the excessive adulation of Edin by some posters which has set all this off. It's unfair to Edin personally, as he seems to be a nice guy, who wouldn't approve of the type of posts produced by these particular "fans".

We have 2 extremes here. One side being certain Bosnians (Not all) praising Dzeko and talking trash about other players and the other side being complete Dzeko haters. Both sides should be banned haha. That way we'll have only the sane English and Bosnian fans left.

Frank H said:
Nurah, many thanks for your balanced and thoughtful post.

I certainly haven't read every post on every player in this forum, but from what I have seen, Dzeko is far from alone in being singled out for what is sometimes quite unfair criticism. And much of this does seem to be in reaction to a particularly vocal (in posting) group of Dzeko fans. These not only praise Edin - which is quite OK - but also denigrate other City players by comparing them unfavourably with him. This sort of thing will understandably annoy many City fans, who may react by being over-critical of Dzeko.

I believe that it is the excessive adulation of Edin by some posters which has set all this off. It's unfair to Edin personally, as he seems to be a nice guy, who wouldn't approve of the type of posts produced by these particular "fans".

you seem like a well balanced person for me to put my feelings across.

i am a city fan who has supported city all my life, i was born in stockport and have never lived more than 30-odd miles away from manchester, for as long as i can remember i've had a season ticket and gone regularly,

now it's as you say understandable for fans who will support someone from their own country to follow the club they play for and it's perfectly alright to post on this forum but what a lot of you ( not you personally) fail to realise is that city will always come first over any player. i'm sure you are aware that football fans can be a fickle bunch when it comes to supporting their team. one bad game from a player and people get on their backs, a run of bad games and a lot of people will call for the manager to be gone.

now i really like dzeko, i saw a bit of him whilst he was in germany and i knew he would be good for us, even when last season he didn't play very well i kept telling doubters he'll come good (which he did). now dzeko is human and will have poor games just like every other player and as this forum is a football forum with fans that just want their club to do well so expect knee-jerk reactions from people if ANY player (including dzeko, silva, aguero, nasri, whoever) has a poor game, for example dzeko against villareal at home, where he had his worst for us since signing. whereas after yesterday people are full of praise because he played brilliantly.

all you have to remember he's not our golden boy who we follow where ever he plays, he's just another player in our squad, who ACTUALLY WHEN WE ARE AT GAMES everybody will get behind. like you have pointed out it really really annoys me when the bosnian fans will slate other players for no reason just to put down the competition for places.

now Frank H, this isn't a go at you at all mate, i just wanted to give a view on this situation from a city fan. Dzeko is well liked at city, but in the future he will be slagged off on here just as much as every other player, as well as getting praise. his goal ratio speaks for itself. i feel his style of play can come across as a bit donkey-ish at times but i don't think many are doubting this lads raw ability, when he's on form (like yesterday) he's normally the best player on the pitch (well unless silva's on top form ;)).

we're behind dzeko, but city winning is all that matters to us in the end, and we all hope dzeko can help us to that.

Majstore said:
We have 2 extremes here. One side being certain Bosnians (Not all) praising Dzeko and talking trash about other players and the other side being complete Dzeko haters. Both sides should be banned haha. That way we'll have only the sane English and Bosnian fans left.

I think you have hit the nail on the head about extremes. I read the sometimes harsh comments about Dzeko and do feel it is uncalled for because for me it is as simple as he is getting goals for us, which is all that counts, not how, why or how quickly, the ball is going in the back of the net and that is all that matters. On the other hand, as someone who really likes Dzeko, I dread seeing threads on him on here because it always descends into lunacy and it's starting to spread to other threads. I don't understand why people are going on threads people have started to talk about Aguero or Balotelli and dragging the Dzeko madness into them. It doesn't help Dzeko and as someone else said I don't think he would want it. Maybe the time has come to take a step back and glory in the fact we have three amazing players, all of them performing for us and are making us the envy of the rest of the League. I love them all and think we should rejoice in their differences, we have a player for every scenario and I believe that is something to celebrated. Why when everything is so good for us are we picking them apart and finding faults in one to prove the other is better. The answer to all this is simple to me, they are all bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.