Eamonn Holmes

dazdon said:
zisisfutbol said:
There always seems to an inordinate amount of Utd supporters from Ireland. James Nesbit is another one who's always eulogising over the rags. Don't know whether it's partially down to George Best being from Northern Ireland.

I wonder how many of these Irish fans are Catholics and they support united because they are the catholic team of Manchester?

That may have well been the case in the past, but I bet there are plenty of Protestants, who are glory-hunting rags too nowadays.

He is a fat chortling talentless prick who gets paid a small fortune to fill his fat face on daytime tv,his fucking eyes light up when the chef makes the food,and he says I am fierce hungry,the snovelling Rag twat.All He ever says on that programme is : isn't that right Ruth,then laughs to himself,he must be well connected in the media circles to get this gig,oafish overweight oik.

WEMBLEY76 said:
He is a fat chortling talentless prick who gets paid a small fortune to fill his fat face on daytime tv,his fucking eyes light up when the chef makes the food,and he says I am fierce hungry,the snovelling Rag twat.All He ever says on that programme is : isn't that right Ruth,then laughs to himself,he must be well connected in the media circles to get this gig,oafish overweight oik.
Just a fat rag coont - that is all

My mum (RIP) would be turning in her grave if i didnt say he is a ****, she hated the bloke, every time he popped up she would wait until he mentioned the scum and when he did she would rant on about how he always has to mention them. She knew a **** when she saw one did my old dear.

EHIAC

M18CTID said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I feel confident enough in my own skin to state that I don't particularly dislike Holmes and there's far worse rag apologists than him out there: Macari, Schmeichel, Owen and Terry Christian immediately spring to mind.

Have to say I disagree for once GDM - as celebrity United fans go, he's up there with the worst for me. Not quite at Terry Christian's level but not far off it.

On another note, East Manchester seems quite a decent poster so far and I think he's taken an excessive amount of stick on this thread.
I'm probably giving him more credit than he deserves, but I've always had a lot of empathy for men who punch ridiculously above their weight with the ladies ;-)

Vienna_70 said:
dazdon said:
zisisfutbol said:
There always seems to an inordinate amount of Utd supporters from Ireland. James Nesbit is another one who's always eulogising over the rags. Don't know whether it's partially down to George Best being from Northern Ireland.

I wonder how many of these Irish fans are Catholics and they support united because they are the catholic team of Manchester?

That may have well been the case in the past, but I bet there are plenty of Protestants, who are glory-hunting rags too nowadays.

I'm not so sure that Catholicism has a lot to do with it. Best, for example, was protestant and Norman Whiteside was reared on the Shankill Rd. (Mind you, whatever else we might think of them, neither would be your stereotypical "dour Presbyterian"). Celebrity fan, James Nesbitt, is Protestant too, I think but Patrick Kielty is Catholic.

Johnny Carey captained them to the 1948 FA Cup and fellow Dublin Catholic, Liam Whelan, perished in the 1958 crash and there was another Dub on their 1968 side. Add two Corkonians on their 1999 team and you can see that there has often been an Irish connection at significant times in their history.
That said, look at City's links: Peter Docherty, Patsy Fagan (on Irish team that beat England in 1949), Niall Quinn (scored v Holland in 1990 world cup), Martin O Neill (a City player when he captained Norn Iron on the night they qualified for Mexico86), Stephen Ireland (scored Irish soccer's first goal at Croke Park) to name a few. So it's got to be more than just having an Irish connection...
Consider this: Everton are traditionally regarded as the Catholic club on Merseyside yet, Liverpool have 10,000 times as many fams, over here on the greener, more civilized island than the Toffees.

Therefore, it's probably fair to say that it's more to do with glory hunting than religion. That said, an awful lot of these tits will spout the national or religious connotations as some sort of rationalisation for their support. It's bollox, of course, like everything else they spout.

mad4city said:
Vienna_70 said:
dazdon said:

I'm not so sure that Catholicism has a lot to do with it. Best, for example, was protestant and Norman Whiteside was reared on the Shankill Rd. (Mind you, whatever else we might think of them, neither would be your stereotypical "dour Presbyterian"). Celebrity fan, James Nesbitt, is Protestant too, I think but Patrick Kielty is Catholic.
Johnny Carey captained them to the 1948 FA Cup and fellow Dublin Catholic, Liam Whelan, perished in the 1958 crash and there was another Dub on their 1968 side. Add two Corkonians on their 1999 team and you can see that there has often been an Irish connection at significant times in their history.
That said, Peter Docherty, Patsy Fagan (on Irish team that beat England in 1949), Niall Quinn (scored v Holland in 1990 world cup), Martin O Neill (a City player when he captained Norn Iron on the night they qualified for Mexico86), Stephen Ireland scored Irish soccer's first goal at Croke Park. So it's got to be more than just an Irish connection...
Everton are traditionally regarded as the Catholic club on Merseyside yet, Liverpool have 10,000 times as many fams, over here on the greener, more civilized island.

Therefore, it's probably fair to say that it's more to do with glory hunting than religion. That said, an awful lot of these tits will spout the national or religious connotations as some sort of rationalisation for their support. It's bollox, of course, like everything else they spout.

In short - he's a ****.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
mad4city said:
Vienna_70 said:

That said, Peter Docherty, Patsy Fagan (on Irish team that beat England in 1949), Niall Quinn (scored v Holland in 1990 world cup), Martin O Neill (a City player when he captained Norn Iron on the night they qualified for Mexico86), Stephen Ireland scored Irish soccer's first goal at Croke Park. So it's got to be more than just an Irish connection...
Everton are traditionally regarded as the Catholic club on Merseyside yet, Liverpool have 10,000 times as many fams, over here on the greener, more civilized island.

In short - he's a ****.

Yup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.