Earliest City match attended by a forum member

Jimmy Grimble, you must have had a good view that day,I think it was the lowest ever crowd for a league game. 8,000 plus.

Last game if the 83/84 season v Cambridge. We won 5-0.

My big memory is how bright and green the pitch was. No real memory of the goals.

I can end this thread here and now, so no further speculation is of any use.

I was taken to see City's first home League match when the Football League resumed in 1946. City 3 Bury 1 at Maine Road. September 4th, if I remember correctly.

I was quite small at the time, I hasten to add. It was a damp gloomy day, early evening kick-off.

Beat that, youngsters. Still going strong.

I am only a nipper on this forum so for me it was 1971 the 3-3 against the rags as a ten year old I think it was my first game don't remember much about the game but the crowd was amazing I seem to remember just watching the crowd, sat on the wall between the kippax and north stand watching all the fighting going on, was hooked good time.
You may be a nipper mate but at least you know it's a barm,muffin is summat you do under the duvet.

Jimmy Grimble, you must have had a good view that day,I think it was the lowest ever crowd for a league game. 8,000 plus.
That was the first City game (League ) I went to, the crowd I am pretty sure 8015, like you say Buzzer scored and we got beat 2 -1, I got used to us losing, Boy how times have changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.