Early Leavers

Early leavers should be pointed at with a high pitch scream, similar to what the Body Snatchers do. That'd stop them next time around.

On a serious note, just shoot them and leave them rotting on the steps. At least the fox would get some fresh meat.

Sorry, joking aside, let people do their own thing. If they don't see a goal/win then it's them who have missed out, nobody else.

Palerider said:
WNRH said:
It's routine, for the majority of games i leave when the board is up unless we have a chance of going for a winner, those extra 2 mins is vital for where i park as i can get away quickly or i can sit in traffic for 30 mins. I left yesterday but saw the goal at the top of the steps.

If the roads around the ground were suitable for easy getaway then the majority of people would stay, they are a mess though.

-- Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm --

Palerider said:
Got to say the early leavers annoy me too. It is a free country and people can of course do what they want but it creates a negative image for the club and at a time when we should be backing the team with 44000 screaming voices we end up with 10 minutes of "Excuse me" as the early leavers rush home to watch Ant and Dec or X factor. On Saturday every early leaver was telling the team "I don't think you will score so I am going home early". i.e. No belief in the team. That must affect the players and therefore the club. Which, again, is why it annoys me. It does matter.

It effected them to the point they scored a last min winner?

Imagine you are a kid and your Dad has come to watch you on the local pitch. How would you feel if you saw your Dad walking away shaking his head before the end? Would you want to go that extra yard to please that Dad? Or would you rather have the Dad on the other side of the pitch shouting to his offspring "Come on son, you can do it". It does matter.
In a thread of pure comedy this post stands as the creme de la creme.

true people can do what they want and leave early, i dont understand why they go early but such is.... The amount that do surprises me though !

To those who went early, it wasnt the Barry goal that you missed, it was the pink christmas tree held up in the kippax corner that was the real climax for me ! Looked great, city fans do have best sense of humour....

greasedupdeafguy said:
Palerider said:
WNRH said:
It's routine, for the majority of games i leave when the board is up unless we have a chance of going for a winner, those extra 2 mins is vital for where i park as i can get away quickly or i can sit in traffic for 30 mins. I left yesterday but saw the goal at the top of the steps.

If the roads around the ground were suitable for easy getaway then the majority of people would stay, they are a mess though.

-- Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm --

It effected them to the point they scored a last min winner?

Imagine you are a kid and your Dad has come to watch you on the local pitch. How would you feel if you saw your Dad walking away shaking his head before the end? Would you want to go that extra yard to please that Dad? Or would you rather have the Dad on the other side of the pitch shouting to his offspring "Come on son, you can do it". It does matter.
Do people actually write this shit?
I dont leave early unless its like the Villa game where the team were just going through the motions at the end,if the club sorted out the shite car parking situation Im sure you would see less people leave early.

Yep, City must be the only side in the country with car parking issues. Perhaps, we could ask Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham etc, etc how they manage to get their fans away so fast. You can dress it up anyway you like but people leave early because they have higher priorities. i.e. getting home 30 minutes earlier. Not a sin. Not a crime. Not great support.

The Telegraph printed an article about 20 minutes ago mocking City fans for leaving but they've taken it down for the minute. I wonder if Ogden is the author... this is the preview at Google but link is broke at the moment:

Manchester City fans heading for the exits as Gareth Barry piles ...
Telegraph.co.uk-24 minutes ago
And if the stakes were not as high on Saturday in east Manchester, you still have to wonder what possessed hundreds of home fans to head for the exits with ...

Said this before, we have a great hardcore of around 33,000 fans, the rest are made up of early leavers, booers and empty seats (season ticket holders who can't be arsed).

wayne71 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fanny Fart said:
Not being funny BUT, what kind of job requires you to be in work on a Saturday evening? Are you a bouncer or work in a take away? You might want to look at getting a better job with more sociable working hours
A job that pays 35k per annum and a select few on here know what line of work my wife are in!! I am glad you are bigger blue than me fanny fart,i aint gonna sleep well tonight now....
If youd read my earlier post i explained that i have only ever left early once before again through work issues.When you have a family,children,a wife who is due to drop this week...missing 5mins really isn't a problem in the great schemes of things.get a life mate and fucking well grow up...I bet you are a booer aswell...

Don't have to explain yourself to tits like that mate.

This^^^^. Fuk em.

Shirley said:
Said this before, we have a great hardcore of around 33,000 fans, the rest are made up of early leavers, booers and empty seats (season ticket holders who can't be arsed).
Now, they f*ck me right off!

I think you will probably find that the early leavers, people who get in late, go for a pint 10 mins before half time, come back late are all part of the 33000 hardcore.

I've left many a time a couple of minutes early and missed a few goals along the
I've been part of the hardcore for 37 years. Mate of mine didn't go at all yesterday becuse it was pissing down and he couldnt be arsed. His seat was empty. He has been going 34 years.

City is not the be all and end all for everyone.

My fanatical days were in the 80's and early 90's.

As for comparing it with leaving your lads football game...lol. Was that a real thought or just a pisstake?

And comparing it with not reading the last page of a book or the last 2 mins of the theatre is just ridiculous.

Thanks to media , Everyone who Missed the goal either heard the roar or saw it 2 hours or so later. Its not like they are sat there today thinking "I wonder who won yesterday"

Its not likely that news at ten are going to announce the last page of a book on news at 10 are they?

It's more like a concert as someone else has said. Plenty leave those early.

SWP's back said:
pauldominic said:
SWP's back said:
Paul at 4:41pm you were posting about the New Testament in the Cellar.

And your point is?

You missed many of the best years in our History.

Youngsters like you and many will never learn.
I just find it ironic when you come on this thread when you do not attend matches and weren't even arsed enough about the game to find a pub to watch it in so instead you lectured on the New Testament in off topic.

YOU are a prize numbskull with a modicum of IQ which is far less than many in the atheist tree of life.

Unfortunately your emotional and social intelligence is far, far, far lower.

If you want a debate with me about City, you'll lose and I've sussed you out on all the fronts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.