Early Leavers

Ducado said:
I think this thread may have run it's course now, especially when people are having to defend themselves

Is there anything else to say on the subject?

I'm on the offensive against ignorant people who dwell in the cellar.

Statt0 said:
Marvin said:
BlueForever123 said:
The people that moan about people leaving early piss me off a lot more than the people that leave early. Each to their own. Someone mentioned earlier the old "what kind of impression does it give to the team, we are meant to be the 12th man". Well I'd worry more about the atmosphere in general than people leaving early. Yesterday it was like a library. Oh and as I've said before all these people moaning about people leaving are probably the same people that turn up late for 1st or 2nd half because they are having another beer. What's the difference? Actually we don't get endless threads about latecomers do we???
It depends on why you go to the game and how you see yourself

Are you a customer or a supporter?

If you are a customer, then there maybe good reasons to stay in the concourse or go home early. If you are a supporter, I hesitate to say there are none, but there's certainly an obligation to be there when the odds are worse......the Division 2 effect when City fans showed that we are a special club

An obligation? LOL

I repeat the points from earlier.

Does this then mean you are not a true supporter if you :

• Don’t watch the team get off the coach and clap them on arrival. Pre-match motivation you know.

• Don’t get in your seat early to applaud them in the warm up.

• Don’t get in your seat before kick-off and sing the boys on to the pitch

• Don’t buy your pre-match beer/food etc from official MCFC outlets...FFP and all that

• Don’t wear a full City replica kit for every game.

• Don’t attend games when you have a season ticket. More than usual empy seats today and it’s no excuse that it was only Reading and the saturday before XMAS

• Don’t sing non-stop for the full 90 minutes showing how much you care

• Don’t ever go to an away game and show your support

Does this mean you are not a true supporter if you:

• ever go for a piss during the game

• ever leave your seat early before half-time to save time in the beer/food queue

• ever slag off a City player even though they are trying their best

• ever boo a substitution (and effectively Mancini) as happened the other week

• ever turn your back on the team when the game is in play i.e Poznan

Leaving early is only the same as any of the above. It’s a personal choice and who cares if anyone leaves early.

Can I recommend common sense at this point. If City are massacring United and you need a wee, go for one.

I have always encouraged the players of the club because they're wearing the shirt and we never left early.

It's a principle.

Football supporters are not customers.

pauldominic said:
Statt0 said:
Marvin said:
It depends on why you go to the game and how you see yourself

Are you a customer or a supporter?

If you are a customer, then there maybe good reasons to stay in the concourse or go home early. If you are a supporter, I hesitate to say there are none, but there's certainly an obligation to be there when the odds are worse......the Division 2 effect when City fans showed that we are a special club

An obligation? LOL

I repeat the points from earlier.

Does this then mean you are not a true supporter if you :

• Don’t watch the team get off the coach and clap them on arrival. Pre-match motivation you know.

• Don’t get in your seat early to applaud them in the warm up.

• Don’t get in your seat before kick-off and sing the boys on to the pitch

• Don’t buy your pre-match beer/food etc from official MCFC outlets...FFP and all that

• Don’t wear a full City replica kit for every game.

• Don’t attend games when you have a season ticket. More than usual empy seats today and it’s no excuse that it was only Reading and the saturday before XMAS

• Don’t sing non-stop for the full 90 minutes showing how much you care

• Don’t ever go to an away game and show your support

Does this mean you are not a true supporter if you:

• ever go for a piss during the game

• ever leave your seat early before half-time to save time in the beer/food queue

• ever slag off a City player even though they are trying their best

• ever boo a substitution (and effectively Mancini) as happened the other week

• ever turn your back on the team when the game is in play i.e Poznan

Leaving early is only the same as any of the above. It’s a personal choice and who cares if anyone leaves early.

Can I recommend common sense at this point. If City are massacring United and you need a wee, go for one.

I have always encouraged the players of the club because they're wearing the shirt and we never left early.

It's a principle.

Football supporters are not customers.

Fucking hell the irony of that sentence.

Jim White thinks you early leavers abandon your team. What say you to Jim White? ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9764090/Manchester-City-fans-heading-for-the-exits-as-Gareth-Barry-piles-more-misery-on-Reading.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ading.html</a>

LoveCity said:
Jim White thinks you early leavers abandon your team. What say you to Jim White? ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9764090/Manchester-City-fans-heading-for-the-exits-as-Gareth-Barry-piles-more-misery-on-Reading.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ading.html</a>

There is a difference between "heading for the exits" and leaving the ground. Thousands of fans in Tier 1 make their way to the back of the stand during added time. I'm usually one of them, if the result is decided. I dont do it when the games's in the balance because I'm conscious of not wanting to spoil the view of those still sat down. But staying in my seat rather than watching the final moments from the back of the stand added 30 mins to my journey home. Not a problem when the game ends as it did on saturday, but if it had stayed at 0-0 I would have resented that extra half hour.

Clearly it can look bad to Jim White if my seat is empty at the final whistle, but is that a big deal if I'm still watching the match?

Ed2607 said:
Sorry to hi-jack but I can't post a new thread yet and this one comes close.
What looks really bad on TV are the empty seats during the games. I know if you buy your season ticket you can do what you want but theres almost always 20 empty seats at the front in direct view of the cameras. (There are more but these look the worst) Would you not agree that these non attenders should at least be moved to somewhere else when season tickets are renewed? I never see this at the rags and people watching who are not blues always cast it up.
It comes across even worse when it says sold out but there are empties everywhere. Not a moan just a genuine observation and question.

Bang on.
Never, ever empty seats at old scaffold is there?

cibaman said:
LoveCity said:

There is a difference between "heading for the exits" and leaving the ground. Thousands of fans in Tier 1 make their way to the back of the stand during added time. I'm usually one of them, if the result is decided. I dont do it when the games's in the balance because I'm conscious of not wanting to spoil the view of those still sat down. But staying in my seat rather than watching the final moments from the back of the stand added 30 mins to my journey home. Not a problem when the game ends as it did on saturday, but if it had stayed at 0-0 I would have resented that extra half hour.

Clearly it can look bad to Jim White if my seat is empty at the final whistle, but is that a big deal if I'm still watching the match?

That's what I've normally done. Fortunately due to early leavers there's normally a few empty seats further up the stairs closer to the exit, so I'll just dive in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.