Early Leavers

Leaving Early

So yesterday I arrived late for the game after being in the bar, watched the next 30 mins of the game, went back to the bar 5 mins before the end of the first half, stayed there for the next 25 or so minutes, went back to watch about the next 30 mins and as that was so awful went to grab a quick pint before getting on the coach.

I'm going to Noriwch though and will do exactly the same probably there as I did during the majoirty of the Div 1 and Div 2 days

The hardcore support arrive late and leave early

Oils said:
Shirley said:
Said this before, we have a great hardcore of around 33,000 fans, the rest are made up of early leavers, booers and empty seats (season ticket holders who can't be arsed).

Cant believe i'm even bothering with this again but here goes...i ocassionally leave early (inc Reading game) and have had a season tkt since 1988...so i'm one of the 'hardcore' 33000 who was at the Blackpool home game in the old Div 3...so whats the definition of hardcore now then as i'm clearly not that anymore?

That's right Oils - you are not 'hardcore' anymore - same as me. I was at Wycombe away but because I choose on the odd occasion to leave 5 minutes early I'm not 'hardcore' anymore either.

I think the new definition of 'hardcore' is fans who bought season tickest since we became 'the worlds richest club' those who clap & cheers the players off the pitch into the dressing room and then from the dressing room to the carpark and also come on this forum moaning, groaning and wanting to sack anybody and everybody everytime we don't win 4-0. Yes - that must be the new 'hardcore'.

TGR said:
Oils said:
Shirley said:
Said this before, we have a great hardcore of around 33,000 fans, the rest are made up of early leavers, booers and empty seats (season ticket holders who can't be arsed).

Cant believe i'm even bothering with this again but here goes...i ocassionally leave early (inc Reading game) and have had a season tkt since 1988...so i'm one of the 'hardcore' 33000 who was at the Blackpool home game in the old Div 3...so whats the definition of hardcore now then as i'm clearly not that anymore?

That's right Oils - you are not 'hardcore' anymore - same as me. I was at Wycombe away but because I choose on the odd occasion to leave 5 minutes early I'm not 'hardcore' anymore either.

I think the new definition of 'hardcore' is fans who bought season tickest since we became 'the worlds richest club' those who clap & cheers the players off the pitch into the dressing room and then from the dressing room to the carpark and also come on this forum moaning, groaning and wanting to sack anybody and everybody everytime we don't win 4-0. Yes - that must be the new 'hardcore'.

The thread was never created to show who is a ''better'' or more ''hardcore'' City fan. I couldn't give a fuck how long people have had a season ticket, neither do I care about what ''important'' matches you were at. That has nothing to do with this.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm --<br /><br />
4HeatonsBlue said:
So yesterday I arrived late for the game after being in the bar, watched the next 30 mins of the game, went back to the bar 5 mins before the end of the first half, stayed there for the next 25 or so minutes, went back to watch about the next 30 mins and as that was so awful went to grab a quick pint before getting on the coach.

I'm going to Noriwch though and will do exactly the same probably there as I did during the majoirty of the Div 1 and Div 2 days

What a ludicrous thing to say...

Re: Leaving Early

4HeatonsBlue said:

Yeh. This is how I spent most of the 80s watching City! In those days it was always more fun in the pub than the ground. God help us from the happy clappy brigade!

Sam. said:
TGR said:
Oils said:

The thread was never created to show who is a ''better'' or more ''hardcore'' City fan. I couldn't give a fuck how long people have had a season ticket, neither do I care about what ''important'' matches you were at. That has nothing to do with this.

-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm --

I agree with Sam on this, we are all City fans at the end of the day and no one is saying "This makes me a better fan". My beef with early leavers is two fold

1) It looks bad. Football success is linked to income. One of the biggest sources of income is from sponsorship. Sponsors want to project a good image. Empty seats is not a good image.

2) If the team has done well then whats wrong with staying to applaud them off the pitch? If we are struggling then surely it's a lot more positive to actively support the side rather than walking out?

As a club I suspect our expectation level is rather low ( despite what we read on here ). If we are to develop into a "top club" then the mentality of everyone at the club incuding the supporters must improve. We have been given a once in a 100 lifetimes opportunity. We have the chance to join Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc. If you sign for those clubs you know you have to win. That's the expectation. A winning attitude is crucial. Habitual early leavers, for me, don't display that attitude.

Should I be ashamed?

In the 70s and 80's some aways we never even went to the game...

apart from maybe a walk round the ground then back to the pub.

Mad I know.

Often if we DID go in we left at half time 4 - 0 down.

Oh the shame.

The 'best' City fans IMO are the ones that sing all day, stay to the end, clap the team off and go have another pint afterwards.

The early-leavers and the theatre-goers I can't relate to at all, but meh. It's just my opinion, and if you're a Blue I'd still give you first refusal of my eldest daughter haha!

Re: Leaving Early

4HeatonsBlue said:

What's the point of going in the first place?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.