Early Leavers

pride in battle said:
4HeatonsBlue said:
So yesterday I arrived late for the game after being in the bar, watched the next 30 mins of the game, went back to the bar 5 mins before the end of the first half, stayed there for the next 25 or so minutes, went back to watch about the next 30 mins and as that was so awful went to grab a quick pint before getting on the coach.

I'm going to Noriwch though and will do exactly the same probably there as I did during the majoirty of the Div 1 and Div 2 days

The hardcore support arrive late and leave early

What's the point of going in the first place?

Maybe there's more to the football experience than just the actual viewing of the match?

Sam. said:
TGR said:
Oils said:
Cant believe i'm even bothering with this again but here goes...i ocassionally leave early (inc Reading game) and have had a season tkt since 1988...so i'm one of the 'hardcore' 33000 who was at the Blackpool home game in the old Div 3...so whats the definition of hardcore now then as i'm clearly not that anymore?

That's right Oils - you are not 'hardcore' anymore - same as me. I was at Wycombe away but because I choose on the odd occasion to leave 5 minutes early I'm not 'hardcore' anymore either.

I think the new definition of 'hardcore' is fans who bought season tickest since we became 'the worlds richest club' those who clap & cheers the players off the pitch into the dressing room and then from the dressing room to the carpark and also come on this forum moaning, groaning and wanting to sack anybody and everybody everytime we don't win 4-0. Yes - that must be the new 'hardcore'.

The thread was never created to show who is a ''better'' or more ''hardcore'' City fan. I couldn't give a fuck how long people have had a season ticket, neither do I care about what ''important'' matches you were at. That has nothing to do with this.

-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm --

4HeatonsBlue said:
So yesterday I arrived late for the game after being in the bar, watched the next 30 mins of the game, went back to the bar 5 mins before the end of the first half, stayed there for the next 25 or so minutes, went back to watch about the next 30 mins and as that was so awful went to grab a quick pint before getting on the coach.

I'm going to Noriwch though and will do exactly the same probably there as I did during the majoirty of the Div 1 and Div 2 days

What a ludicrous thing to say...

Why exactly was the thread created then...you said early leavers, will they ever learn....learn what?, i leave early through choice like i said i did v Reading, would do it again, but the point i made was i still wanted us to score and win. So what have i to learn exactly?

tomhawley said:
pride in battle said:
4HeatonsBlue said:

What's the point of going in the first place?

Maybe there's more to the football experience than just the actual viewing of the match?

Surely the match comes first? I like a drink as anybody else but come on.

I am a right git leave 10 mins early every game before half time to get to the bar!

I do stay 10 mins after the final bell.

Will this be OK or will I get detention.

skiddypants said:
I am a right git leave 10 mins early every game before half time to get to the bar!

I do stay 10 mins after the final bell.

Will this be OK or will I get detention.

Your choice mate, personally I can wait for a pint :)

Fulham away this season I went to the bar after half an hour, didn't go back to my seat and stayed downstairs drinking. Left after 80mins and went to the pub. We are the hardcore

timschaefer86 said:
The 'best' City fans IMO are the ones that sing all day, stay to the end, clap the team off and go have another pint afterwards.

The early-leavers and the theatre-goers I can't relate to at all, but meh. It's just my opinion, and if you're a Blue I'd still give you first refusal of my eldest daughter haha![/quote]

Why the fuck would I want you as a father in law ?? ;)

Oils said:
Sam. said:
TGR said:
That's right Oils - you are not 'hardcore' anymore - same as me. I was at Wycombe away but because I choose on the odd occasion to leave 5 minutes early I'm not 'hardcore' anymore either.

I think the new definition of 'hardcore' is fans who bought season tickest since we became 'the worlds richest club' those who clap & cheers the players off the pitch into the dressing room and then from the dressing room to the carpark and also come on this forum moaning, groaning and wanting to sack anybody and everybody everytime we don't win 4-0. Yes - that must be the new 'hardcore'.

The thread was never created to show who is a ''better'' or more ''hardcore'' City fan. I couldn't give a fuck how long people have had a season ticket, neither do I care about what ''important'' matches you were at. That has nothing to do with this.

-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm --

4HeatonsBlue said:

What a ludicrous thing to say...

Why exactly was the thread created then...you said early leavers, will they ever learn....learn what?, i leave early through choice like i said i did v Reading, would do it again, but the point i made was i still wanted us to score and win. So what have i to learn exactly?

You still wanted us to score and win but weren't prepared to get behind the team to help them get that extra goal.

And what I meant by ''Will you ever learn'' is that we are scoring a lot of late and crucial goals lately and there isn't a bigger buzz than scoring a winner late on.

I was never having a go at anyone, but by the sound of it some people on here pay for their seat and miss half the match.

I always leave as soon as the official holds up the extra time board ... I sprint out of the stadium to my car ... It's saves me about an hour to get home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.