Early Leavers

troadie said:
I'm sure some people have good reasons for leaving early but not the amount that bailed out yesterday. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but personally I just don't understand it, we have got a high quality team with world class players, this is the type of stuff we used to dream about, I could understand fucking off early with some of the shit we've had to watch in the past but I find it really poor if people can't stay a few extra minutes to clap the team off.
Seconded.

Considering that the game effectively ended after 74 mins yesterday, most fans did stay until it was "over".

In the last 10 mins the players were entirely focused on playing out time. It must have been obvious to everyone that they weren't going to miss much by staying until the final whistle. If its obvious that the players just want the game to be over that will only encourage the fans to leave.

If was the one disappointing aspect yesterday, that we missed out on a very clear opportunity to improve our goal difference. Perhaps if we'd been pouring forward towards the end of the match in search of a couple of late goals, more people would have stayed?

People can do what they want their ticket because they bought it, not you. If they leave early and miss a goal then they leave early and miss a goal. A frustrating day like today often gets the better of some supporters because everybody reacts differently and has their own preferences and choices concerning staying or leaving football matches.

The fact is that access from the ground (via the car parks is not the best in the world)

troadie said:
I'm sure some people have good reasons for leaving early but not the amount that bailed out yesterday. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but personally I just don't understand it, we have got a high quality team with world class players, this is the type of stuff we used to dream about, I could understand fucking off early with some of the shit we've had to watch in the past but I find it really poor if people can't stay a few extra minutes to clap the team off.
The problem is, it isn't just a few extra minutes. If a person leaves after, say, 80 minutes they can get out of the car park a hell of a lot quicker and also avoid the worst of the gridlock on the roads away from the ground after the game. Ashton New Rd is bumper to bumper and I (along with plenty more) walk back into town when I'm over for a game. Now that simply isn't an option for a lot of spectators at the game. They may save up to an hour over staying til the final whistle. It's up to the individual. Not for me to criticise anybody for doing it.

People can do what they like, but should have some consideration for the people that are constantly missing parts of the last 10 minutes of games as they let early leaver after early leaver file past.

moomba said:
People can do what they like, but should have some consideration for the people that are constantly missing parts of the last 10 minutes of games as they let early leaver after early leaver file past.
How would you like them to show this consideration?

SWP's back said:

First choice, by staying in their seat and getting out of the stadium 5 minutes later.
Second choice, by not turning around, stopping and watching the game while they are walking out.
Third choice, by picking and choosing when they get up. Wait for a break in play if possible.

jimharri said:
troadie said:
The problem is, it isn't just a few extra minutes. If a person leaves after, say, 80 minutes they can get out of the car park a hell of a lot quicker and also avoid the worst of the gridlock on the roads away from the ground after the game. Ashton New Rd is bumper to bumper and I (along with plenty more) walk back into town when I'm over for a game. Now that simply isn't an option for a lot of spectators at the game. They may save up to an hour over staying til the final whistle. It's up to the individual. Not for me to criticise anybody for doing it.

nail on head

5 mins can save me at least half an hour if I nee to leg it early

moomba said:
SWP's back said:

First choice, by staying in their seat and getting out of the stadium 5 minutes later.
Second choice, by not turning around, stopping and watching the game while they are walking out.
Third choice, by picking and choosing when they get up. Wait for a break in play if possible.

Indeed. It is possible to pick a moment that causes minimum inconvenience. Ideally go when everyone is already stood up after a goal, a near miss or a substitution. Or when the ball is out of play. Near the end of a game like yesterday's you can leave your seat and go make a cup of tea in the time that it takes to restart a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.