Early Leavers

I appreciate some of the car parks are a nightmare going home and if sitting in traffic is what people don't like then ironically the opposite of leaving early is the way to go, we usually go in one of the pubs near the ground after the match, have a pint for half an hour and fly home on empty roads, I know that everybody won't be able to do that but you get my point.

Also, after watching players like zabba literally spilling blood for the team, getting home in time for some shit Saturday night TV doesn't seem as important to me as appreciating his efforts by clapping him and the rest of the team off at the end of the match.

troadie said:
I appreciate some of the car parks are a nightmare going home and if sitting in traffic is what people don't like then ironically the opposite of leaving early is the way to go, we usually go in one of the pubs near the ground after the match, have a pint for half an hour and fly home on empty roads, I know that everybody won't be able to do that but you get my point.

Also, after watching players like zabba literally spilling blood for the team, getting home in time for some shit Saturday night TV doesn't seem as important to me as appreciating his efforts by clapping him and the rest of the team off at the end of the match.

I'd bet that if you asked the players, and they were to give you an honest answer, most of them wouldn't give a monkey about the mutual clap fest at the end of most games.

Yes, when we've had a great win they'll celebrate spontaneously with the fans. But that happens about 2 or 3 times a season. Like the WBA game. And its special because its genuine and spontaneous.

But if we've had a poor result or a routine win like on Tuesday, they very clearly just want to get off the pitch and into the dressing room. They'll be more than happy for you to nip off early to watch X factor.

We left early at Norwich last week...shock horror!! Who gives a flying £$^&.

troadie said:

And I help pay for his wages and the rest of the team,so I therefore have the right to decide what time I need to leave thank you !!

oakiecokie said:
troadie said:

And I help pay for his wages and the rest of the team,so I therefore have the right to decide what time I need to leave thank you !!

I've already said earlier in the thread that people are entitled to do what they want, just like people are entitled to have a thread about early leavers without it being locked just because somebody doesn't like it.

troadie said:
oakiecokie said:
troadie said:

I've already said earlier in the thread that people are entitled to do what they want, just like people are entitled to have a thread about early leavers without it being locked just because somebody doesn't like it.

I very rarely make any noises about fans leaving early,but the number of threads on the same subject does need limiting.

Worksop Blue said:
I leave a couple of minutes early if the result is nailed on to keep my journey home under 2 hours (not fun with a knackered 6 year old!) ...soz if I'm offending any real supporters

Tell you what.... If we promise to stop to the end will all the piss heads promise to drag themselves away from the bar and get in their seats earlier enough to greet the team as it comes out?... For me just as important as a full house prior to kick off helps to build an atmosphere that's generally sadly lacking from our stadium at present.

Only this.

oakiecokie said:
troadie said:
oakiecokie said:

I very rarely make any noises about fans leaving early,but the number of threads on the same subject does need limiting.

We might have a different opinion on leaving early but early leavers and attendance threads must be the most boring on here, don't think I've posted on them before and probably never will again.

Mr Bungle said:
Worksop Blue said:
I leave a couple of minutes early if the result is nailed on to keep my journey home under 2 hours (not fun with a knackered 6 year old!) ...soz if I'm offending any real supporters

Tell you what.... If we promise to stop to the end will all the piss heads promise to drag themselves away from the bar and get in their seats earlier enough to greet the team as it comes out?... For me just as important as a full house prior to kick off helps to build an atmosphere that's generally sadly lacking from our stadium at present.

Only this.

+1<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am --<br /><br />
troadie said:
oakiecokie said:
troadie said:

We might have a different opinion on leaving early but early leavers and attendance threads must be the most boring on here, don't think I've posted on them before and probably never will again.

Yes another thread as you say "why so many empty seats ..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.