Early thoughts on City and the Premier League

We have the best squad in the PL, we can rotate like last season. Torres and Rodri will be better this season, with Jesus also starting well all we need to do is get Sterling back ticking again and we will be right in the mix for everything, PL, CL, FA cup and League Cup. Chelsea Liverpool and that shower of shit from down the road are our main challangers. A lot is down to us the Fans, backing each player and Supporting the team, we need to give 100% SUPPORT in every game, making the Etihad a fortress a place teams dont want to come to, Come on Blues give the support and the rest will follow.
I think Chelsea have a better squad because they have a balanced squad. City have three weaknesses: striker, left back, defensive midfield.

City should really imo have plugged two of those holes over the Summer. I am disappointed we didn't do that but football is a funny game. Maybe switching Torres and Jesus will be another piece of Pep magic.

Last season was the strangest on record, and it felt at one point as though every team was going backwards.
Diaz was a fantastic signing, but otherwise, we seemed to win the league easily despite 3-4 players (especially Sterling) showing an alarming lack of form.
Our success or failure will depend on whether those players improve or drift, and also on whether the likes of Palmer, Doyle, and Delap emerge from the periphery.

Personally, I think Chelsea have got the momentum and will be difficult to overcome. However, it's a long season, and you can never be too sure.

Never ever use international football as a guide for club football.

He's scored plenty of goals cutting in for City. He's not a central striker and I don't think he ever will be. His asset is his speed, and trickery, not finishing. I'm not critical of Sterling's all round game, I just don't think he's going to be very useful if played down the middle which was someone else's suggestion.
His greatest asset is getting himself right under the crossbar for an easy tap-in. He's finished as a winger for the foreseeable; get him down the middle and finishing off Jesus' freakishly accurate crosses.

In my opinion, We didn't address our weaknesses this transfer window. While false nine seems to be working against some teams , there will be times against defensively strong teams when we will need a proper striker and our squad has none.

My prediction:
League - Chelsea
CL - PSG
FA Cup - City
League Cup - City

Part of me thinks other potential Champions have strengthened more that we have, but then I look at the departures, and what they contributed last season, and the up and coming academy players, and the acquisition of Grealish, and I think to myself, did we need an overpriced Kane, or a commercial rollercoaster 37 year-old that would have made millions in shirt sales whilst disrupting our squad? No! We can do better than that. We might or might not win the EPL or Champions League this time, but we have a great squad with some up and coming talent (Foden, Torres, Delap, Palmer, to name but a few) and some recent signings, and some well-established experienced players on long-term contracts. So I accept why City are where we are, and maybe next year we will get that big signing over the line.

Too early to tell but...

I believe we have...

The best players overall.

A handful of homegrown youngsters on the verge of breaking through (one already has)...

A winning strategy and styles of play understood by practically all of them.

The best stadium, training and medical facilities.

The best academy both in facilities and players.

A talented team of lawn mowing operatives.

A growing amount of experience in all areas.

The best manager and assistants.

Oh... and a great big piggy bank full of cash.

I am hoping to enjoy a great season.

JJ

PS. I didn't really want Harry and I certainly didn't want posey hair product boy... 36 years old but 30 of them have been spent preening himself in a mirror.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.