Easy Meals For Uni?

johnny on the spot said:
bobmcfc said:
johnny on the spot said:
So are onions. Buy them instead.

Not sure an onion would be a tasty meal on its own

Five people buy pot noodles, everyone eats pot noodles.

Five people buy onions, carrots, turnip, stock and meat, everyone eats stew ;p

You are talking about uni students here. Cheap cider, pot noodles and beans on toast.

Sparkys-Army said:
Right, i got accepted into university today which i'm thrilled about. Fucking over the moon.

As there is a bit of a wait, i thought i'd do some early research, get ideas to save time nearer September and i'm thinking i'll need some cheap basic meals to keep me going whilst i'm alone.
I'm assuming Pasta in a sauce is near the top of my list, anything else recommended?

Ta.

Best of luck to you, I know how it feels and it can be daunting but you'll be fine once you're there!
Some things I often cook which are cheap, freezable and fairly tasty and nutritional (you don't want to be eating pot noodles or toast all the time if you actually want to be productive):
Spaghetti Bolognese
Shepherds/Cottage Pie
Corned Beef Hash
Lasagne
Pizza (homemade - it's easy - watch Jamie Oliver or google it)
Macaroni cheese (pasta + a cheese roux/white sauce - butter flour milk & cheese)
Chilli con carne
Pasta with... (tuna, sweetcorn, mayo / garlic, chilli, olive oil / tomato jar sauce...etc)

This 'book' from StudentBeans.com could be quite helpful - download it and save it because they've taken it off their website (I think)

Sparkys-Army said:
Right, i got accepted into university today which i'm thrilled about. Fucking over the moon.

As there is a bit of a wait, i thought i'd do some early research, get ideas to save time nearer September and i'm thinking i'll need some cheap basic meals to keep me going whilst i'm alone.
I'm assuming Pasta in a sauce is near the top of my list, anything else recommended?

Ta.

Woops
here's the 'cookbook' link
<a class="postlink" href="http://static1.beanscdn.co.uk/assets/external/download/Studentbeans-RecipeBook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://static1.beanscdn.co.uk/assets/ex ... peBook.pdf</a>

bobmcfc said:
johnny on the spot said:
bobmcfc said:

Five people buy pot noodles, everyone eats pot noodles.

Five people buy onions, carrots, turnip, stock and meat, everyone eats stew ;p

You are talking about uni students here. Cheap cider, pot noodles and beans in toast.

I know. It's like trying to teach semaphore to baboons.

bobmcfc said:
johnny on the spot said:
bobmcfc said:
Pot noodles are all 50p in asda right now so you could stock up ;)

But think of the fun you could have dipping them in chocolate or sticky red toffe, mounting them on sticks, and handing them out on halloween

Ravioli, Rice, Sardines, Tuna, Beans, tinned soups...

You can buy tins of Ravioli from Aldi for like 40p

Porridge for Breakfast.

Water as your main drink throughout the day (refill a sports bottle and take it with you everywhere)

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
bobmcfc said:
johnny on the spot said:

But think of the fun you could have dipping them in chocolate or sticky red toffe, mounting them on sticks, and handing them out on halloween

You did that around our way the toddlers would embed them in your eye sockets and take your spleen as a trophy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.