Eberechi Eze

Also what’s happened to our approach of being calm and patient in the market? To go from waiting next summer for Haaland after being quoted a high price for Kane and rejecting brightons valuation of cucurella and picking up a smart buy in Alvarez etc etc… to having paid €65M for Doku and now rumoured to be in for Eze who doesn’t solve our issues and looking at a potential fee of £90M.

Love this meltdown of “panic buy” “desperate times” and so forth… When have City done that before?

We don't. I don't really know how many times it needs to be proven to our fans either.

I suspect it's a combination of him playing for Palace and people spending too much time fantasising about big names we were never in for.

It's also interesting to see the difference in perception between this rumour and the one about Olise. Money aside, I know who I'd prefer to have in the squad.

So he has. He only played 20 minutes tho. Doesn’t get me excited this transfer if it happens but I trust Pep.

Grealish is going to look like a bargain shortly

Grealish is a bargain already - Rice-Fernandez and Caicedo all inferior and more expensive,transfer costs are ridiculous,they've always been daft but getting pathetically stupid now the prices.

But as the saying goes,it ain't my money so who gives a fuck,as long as the best rock up at our place I'll be happy at that.

He looks okay, but pure class? Pure class is a long way above a good midtable player.

It’s not like he’s just a young player breaking through either, he’s 25 and I haven’t seen anything from him to say he’s going to be pure class in his six year, 228 game career so far. He’s almost in his prime already.

I promise you in 6 months you will eat your words. I've had my eye on this kid since he was at QPR and he is special, if he didnt get that bad achilles injury a couple of years ago he would already be at a top club. Palace shot up the League table when clown Vieira got fucked off and Hodgson built the team around him.

Also what’s happened to our approach of being calm and patient in the market? To go from waiting next summer for Haaland after being quoted a high price for Kane and rejecting brightons valuation of cucurella and picking up a smart buy in Alvarez etc etc… to having paid €65M for Doku and now rumoured to be in for Eze who doesn’t solve our issues and looking at a potential fee of £90M.
have you seen current squad

He looks okay, but pure class? Pure class is a long way above a good midtable player.

It’s not like he’s just a young player breaking through either, he’s 25 and I haven’t seen anything from him to say he’s going to be pure class in his six year, 228 game career so far. He’s almost in his prime already.

Michael Olise looks a better prospect already and he’s 4 years younger.
Eze, half the player of olisse.....and that's pushing it....alot!

I personally disagree. Also, stats back this up:

Which stats?
That Eze had twice as many goals & assists (14) as Paqueta (7), including 3x the amount of non-penalty goals, playing in more or less the same position?
You could argue the stats back up that Eze is the better player, depending on how high you value different stats.
I would say that they are on a similar level, and 2 months ago before anyone knew we were interested in Paqueta most Premier League fans would say that Eze had a better season.

the cost is irrelevant.....it is what it is

The player - looks deent and we all know Pep moulds and develops players if they are willing to learn....so could take his game up a level

Whats interesting is that we are getting Doku who can dribble...we have bought Kovacic who is very good in that sense and Eze also likes to dribble and run with the ball.....we seem to be targeting that type of player at present who are very good at moving with the ball and beating players which is something we havent aways had with the likes of Grealish, Mahrez and even Benardo (who dribbles less even though he is very very good at it) who like to retain possession (based on what Pep wanted previously.

Id definitely prefer Barella and Wirtz (but the latter definitely not this summer)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.