Eberechi Eze

Grealish is a bargain already - Rice-Fernandez and Caicedo all inferior and more expensive,transfer costs are ridiculous,they've always been daft but getting pathetically stupid now the prices.

But as the saying goes,it ain't my money so who gives a fuck,as long as the best rock up at our place I'll be happy at that.
Ye I've said that a lot tbh although this time I think the fee mentioned by Tolmie could be spent on better from elsewhere.

Grealish is a bargain already - Rice-Fernandez and Caicedo all inferior and more expensive,transfer costs are ridiculous,they've always been daft but getting pathetically stupid now the prices.

But as the saying goes,it ain't my money so who gives a fuck,as long as the best rock up at our place I'll be happy at that.
It’s not our money, but it does affect fans when you see that clubs put season ticket prices up all the time on the basis that their expenditure is going through the roof.

Also what’s happened to our approach of being calm and patient in the market? To go from waiting next summer for Haaland after being quoted a high price for Kane and rejecting brightons valuation of cucurella and picking up a smart buy in Alvarez etc etc… to having paid €65M for Doku and now rumoured to be in for Eze who doesn’t solve our issues and looking at a potential fee of £90M.
What's with the money quotes in €s and £s?
Do you work for Sly or the BBC?

Love this meltdown of “panic buy” “desperate times” and so forth… When have City done that before? We are not fucking amateurs and are not desperate to sign anyone, the only panic is from fans demanding the cream of the crop. Issue is they are either not interested like Bellingham, or not for sale like Wirtz. As for Barella there’s been zero legitimate link and is Paqueta any better than Eze? Just chill and let the club do their thing.
To be fair, our current board once signed Maicon, Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia and Nastasic on deadline day ;) Dictionary definition of a panic!

Eze has the strength to play through the middle and on either wing, which, if we also had Doku, would give us considerable variety in terms of rotation. It would also mean Foden and Bernardo could play almost exclusively inside. There is also the chance, slight though it may be, that Grealish could come off the wing and be tried in the middle before de Bruyne returns. My only concern, bar the astronomical price, would be that Eze’s real gift, his effortless running with the ball, would be curtailed and that he might not be best suited to our style of play. Had the same fear when he was at the Rs and it hasn’t been allayed.

I can’t find any links for city to eze where has this come from?

the cost is irrelevant.....it is what it is

The player - looks deent and we all know Pep moulds and develops players if they are willing to learn....so could take his game up a level

Whats interesting is that we are getting Doku who can dribble...we have bought Kovacic who is very good in that sense and Eze also likes to dribble and run with the ball.....we seem to be targeting that type of player at present who are very good at moving with the ball and beating players which is something we havent aways had with the likes of Grealish, Mahrez and even Benardo (who dribbles less even though he is very very good at it) who like to retain possession (based on what Pep wanted previously.

Id definitely prefer Barella and Wirtz (but the latter definitely not this summer)
So you'd literally pay whatever the asked? What if they wanted £140m, would that still be irrelevant?

I personally think more like 50 or 60m for this guy would be fair and I hope our owners aren't forced into paying ott

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.