Eberechi Eze

This again. £68m squad player, 26 years old, with a handful of apps for England. Where does he fit in? Who does he play instead of? This better not be a KDB/Alvarez replacement. Below the required standard. Let's just give Oscar Bobb a chance in the KDB role instead if Eze is the alternative.
I very much doubt he’s a Kev replacement mate

not our level

Bony-esque transfer

This again. £68m squad player, 26 years old, with a handful of apps for England. Where does he fit in? Who does he play instead of? This better not be a KDB/Alvarez replacement. Below the required standard. Let's just give Oscar Bobb a chance in the KDB role instead if Eze is the alternative.
Agree

I'm surprised by the responses to his potential signing. I think he's fantastic. He's very athletic, a good dribbler, can score and assist, seems to work hard off the ball(he was brilliant defending at LWB in the Euros), etc. I agree that it only makes sense if KDB leaves, though.
I like Eze. Could see him being an option if Alvarez would leave, has been great for Palace in PL and is versatile which is important when Pep wants a small squad. I dont think it makes much sense as KDBs replacement (if he leaves) though, the drop off in quality would simply be too big.

I like Eze. Could see him being an option if Alvarez would leave, has been great for Palace in PL and is versatile which is important when Pep wants a small squad. I dont think it makes much sense as KDBs replacement (if he leaves) though, the drop off in quality would simply be too big.
Me too but only as an Alvarez or Nunes replacement
I think he is an upgrade on both of them

Me too but only as an Alvarez or Nunes replacement
I think he is an upgrade on both of them
He is without a doubt an upgrade on Nunes. I would probably prefer to just keep Alvarez but if he leaves I would absolutely be OK with Eze taking his place in the squad as a rotation option. Not saying we must sign him or anything but he is a really good player that should be playing in a much better team than Palace.

Last edited:
I really don’t see the amount of stick this potential move is getting. He is coming into the prime of his career easily one of the most talented players in the league in that position.

I’d be really happy with Bruno and Eze at the absence of Alvarez/KDB/Nunes

A resounding no from me. Not good enough for us. Seems like a signing made for Villa or maybe Spurs. "Kevin De Bruyne replacement" is a laughable concept.
Not even Foden is KdB's replacement, so it's totally unfair to think any other transfer should be viewed in that manner.
We'll need 2 or more players to replace KdB and that's what we seem to be doing.

I think we could offer Phillips , McAtee or Kabore as part of the deal and cut that fee down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.