Eberechi Eze

Long term injury so cross that bridge when we come to it.
Pep puts Bobby on right wing. Eze plays mostly on the left or in the middle occupying exactly same zone as Foden Grealish and Doku. It is difficult to see how Bobb injury leads to signing Eze unless either Grealish or Doku permanently moved out of that zone.

Right winger is actually the most loaded area with Savio Bernado Foden Bobb all capable of playing there plus James actually played there during his loan.

However we desperately need a cover for Rodri or Walker. Or a backup striker if someone comes in a fair price.

Last edited:
Pep puts Bobby on right wing. Eze plays mostly on the left or in the middle occupying exactly same zone as Foden Grealish and Doku. It is difficult to see how Bobb injury leads to signing Eze unless either Grealish or Doku permanently moved out of that zone.

Right winger is actually the most loaded area with Savio Bernado Foden Bobb all capable of playing there plus James actually played there during his loan.

However we desperately need a cover for Rodri or Walker. Or a backup striker if someone comes in a fair price.
that depend of course on Pep and his preference
Eze could go to the middle, with Foden on the right

that depend of course on Pep and his preference
Eze could go to the middle, with Foden on the right
wasnt doku a right winger at rennes before he came to city so him and savinho could swap and change and then you ahve bernardo, grealish and foden who can also play in those spaces tbf, i feel bad for the kid but we are decently stocked in those areas.

Also there will be heavy rotation with the new tournaments and international games.
There will be enough rotation between Foden and KDB plus James and Nunes as backup. Pep does not see Foden KDB James or Nunes defensive enough to be deployed next to Rodri which means they can only occupy the one attacking midfielder spot or as a false 9 in our 442 defense shape. Eze is certainly less defensive than Foden. I don't see any game time available in that spot unless KDB leaves. Plus it will also mean we drop out of the race for a big name 10 next summer because Eze will demand good wage and game time if he chooses City over Spurs - who has already chased him for quite a long time. No foreign players will ever consider to directly compete with 2 english internationals for one spot in a PL team. Again I am not against the idea of signing new players but it will mean we have to sell some players to make room for them. Otherwise no one will get enough game time to grow and adapt. Eze is at his peak he will hardly accept a bench role. Someone around 30 may say yes.

Last edited:
the problem for buying someone like Eze for starters is that once Bobb returns he is either going to take up Bobbs minutes (and for me Bobb is a better player already than Eze) or when Bobb returns we have another Phillips situation where a player who aint getting gmes could end up just taking space in the squad.

Im not convinced that Eze is anywhere near the quality that we need...and Bobb for me is levels above Eze in terms of technical ability, working in tight spaces, close control and ability to beat a man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.