Eberechi Eze

Eze is a slightly more advanced version of McAtee and 5 years older. Doesn't address what we need, doesn't improve us, and we overpay massively. How did we go from discussing the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Paqueta, Barella, and Wirtz to Eze? This is a panic buy if I have ever seen one. I would rather go into the season with what we have. We haven't done these in a few years...
I would say Paqueta and Eze are on a similar level. If anything, Eze was better last season.

Why would we sign him when we have Foden to play in the same position?

I'm not particularly behind this signing but we need bodies. Did you not see our Bench on Saturday?

We need an experienced player to come in to help with minute distribution in the middle. Rodri is begging for more rotation and another 8 allows us to drop kovacic back there if needs be. Foden will need rotating and some point too and kovacic can't play every game.

I would say Paqueta and Eze are on a similar level. If anything, Eze was better last season.
I personally disagree. Also, stats back this up:

A day ago Eze was barely being talked about or mentioned, and now there’s all sorts of hyperbole going about him to justify city’s interest.

£90M would get you top brass midfielders not Eze.

Desperate times…….

In that case I’d just keep palmer and Phillips. Use Phil, bernie, Kovacic, Alvarez, Rodri and Phillips in the midfield. Wait for the market to cool down next summer as right now the prices being quoted are an Absolute sacrilege.

Eze is a slightly more advanced version of McAtee and 5 years older. Doesn't address what we need, doesn't improve us, and we overpay massively. How did we go from discussing the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Paqueta, Barella, and Wirtz to Eze? This is a panic buy if I have ever seen one. I would rather go into the season with what we have. We haven't done these in a few years...
You can’t force players to join us or clubs to sell… those mentioned in your post are clearly in both categories of not interested or for sale. Everyone said the exact same thing about Ake, Akanji, Diaz, Grealish etc etc. Eze looks a great prospect, granted he’s far from a £90m player but nobody has said that’s what we are going to pay! TH said Palace want £90m but reality is they and us know he’ll not go for that. I see this getting done for something like £65-75m which based on others transfers is probably about right sadly.

Really exciting player but isn't his best position on the left? Not sure how this solves the problems we have in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.