Eberechi Eze

I don't see much difference between Eze and Barella. If Barrela is worth 90 million, Eze should be worth at least 85.

That said, I think the ard both 45-55 million players.

But I'm stingy with other people's money :)
You have been slandering Barella too long in hopes we get Wirtz.

I like Wirtz, but Barella is one of the best midfielders in the world, and can basically do everything.

I don't see much difference between Eze and Barella. If Barrela is worth 90 million, Eze should be worth at least 85.

Barella has won a league title with Inter, gotten to a UCL final and won a European title with Italy all while being one of the top 3 players in each of those squads. He is a proven player at the highest levels with the mentality of a winner and a work rate second to none. Eze at this point in his career isn't a pimple on Barella's ass as an overall footballer, c'mon now...

LOL.

If you go back in this thread someone posted his numbers versus Gundogan's last year and they're almost identical. Eze doing it on a far worse side is arguably more impressive.

Shows how misleading stats can be.
If anybody thinks that scoring or assisting at a similar rate is what it takes to be a City CM I don't know what they have been watching for the last 7 years. Yes, palace are worse but Eze also plays higher up the pitch than Gundo and he is probably their main man.
Gundo is much more than someone who pops up with a goal now and then. He dictates the pace of the game, always makes the right decision, has unbelievable close control, always receives the ball in the right way to keep the attack moving, incredibly high football iq, immense calmness in dangerous positions, and so on.
Difficult to capture those sorts of things in stats (tho, a glance at Eze's miscontrols and pass success rates do an ok job)

That I totally disagree with. Barella is amongst the best midfielders in the world. What has Eze done? He is closer to James McAtee than he is to Barella, IMO.

1692717292190.png

Last edited:
Shows how misleading stats can be.
If anybody thinks that scoring or assisting at a similar rate is what it takes to be a City CM I don't know what they have been watching for the last 7 years. Yes, palace are worse but Eze also plays higher up the pitch than Gundo and he is probably their main man.
Gundo is much more than someone who pops up with a goal now and then. He dictates the pace of the game, always makes the right decision, has unbelievable close control, always receives the ball in the right way to keep the attack moving, incredibly high football iq, immense calmness in dangerous positions, and so on.
Difficult to capture those sorts of things in stats (tho, a glance at Eze's miscontrols and pass success rates do an ok job)
i wonder what you were saying about gundo when all the know fuckalls were saying he was shite, because there were quite a few of them, they thought they knew better than pep and the management team.

That wasn't a pen. What game were you watching? For whatever reason Hodgson moved him out wide on the left as the game wore on. When I say another guy on the pitch it's my way of saying to the previous poster that I'm not buying into any hyperbole in that particular match. Trust me, I'm watching and in this particular game he was nowhere near his best, simple as...
If it was called a penalty on the field, it would have stood. One angle showed he was caught and we've seen then given recently for similar tackles. Mind you, not enough in it to overturn the no penalty decision.

He was likely moved out wider as that's where the space was as Arsenal compressed. Eze is the man they want on the ball making things happen. He still attacked the penalty area when he could. I assume you know that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.