Eberechi Eze

If it was called a penalty on the field, it would have stood. One angle showed he was caught and we've seen then given recently for similar tackles. Mind you, not enough in it to overturn the no penalty decision.

He was likely moved out wider as that's where the space was as Arsenal compressed. Eze is the man they want on the ball making things happen. He still attacked the penalty area when he could. I assume you know that.
He did try. Look, I like the guy as a player. Do I think he's an elite attacking mid? No. Do I think he can become a very, very good one in our squad under Pep? Yes. 90 mil for me should get you a near elite level middie. Forget the bullshit going on in the Prem. Outside of Bellingham who is considered to be on an entirely different level 90 mil is still considered to be a shit ton on the continent. You do realize that 90 mil in France, Spain, Italy, and Portugal is still considered to be big, big money.

That said, are you telling me that on the face of last night's game alone not knowing we have an interest and a need you would come away from watching with the thought that Eze would be someone we should pursue? I've seen him be impressive many times, but please stop trying to tell me he was impressive yesterday v. Arsenal...

For the record, I've NEVER been one to question the club's moves in terms of who we want to buy or sell and especially for how much. I tend to pay attention to how we play, who plays, where and when, injuries, tactics, opponents, and such. This one at this amount just struck me in a weird way.

If we do wind up getting Eze regardless of the fee then it's onward and upward for me...

That I totally disagree with. Barella is amongst the best midfielders in the world. What has Eze done? He is closer to James McAtee than he is to Barella, IMO.

View attachment 91054
I've watched Barella enough times. I don't see a World beater. I see a good midfielder. I'm not shitting on Barrela here. I feel the same way about Kovacic. And I love Kova here.

I'm sure Barela would do well here too. I'd just rather have Wirtz. Who has a better offensive game and processes information quicker. Close to Kevin level processing.

Barrela is not that. He tackles a bit, defends a bit, has a decent pass on him, very combative, can work out of tight spaces when he needs to and scores amazing goals every now and then.

Nothing special for me. Good player though.

I admit I haven't read every page, but where is confirmation that we are willing to pay £90m for him.
there isn't,TH mentioned he thought it would take 90m, but that's what people do on bluemoon, see a figure and go off their fucking heads :)

4 years older. He literally had one good season. It doesn't justify the quoted price. We could get a player at his level from continental Europe at half the price. I used Jesper Lindstroms (from Frankfurt) example earlier in this thread. We need a world-class midfielder, and he is definitely not world-class. He is not a box-to-box either. I would rather pay more for someone ready-made (Barella) or younger with a higher ceiling (Wirtz). Anyone saying they are not available is just guessing, and nobody actually knows anything for certain. I highly doubt they would reject 100m+ offers.
He is further along because he is older and more experienced. That's all I was saying.

In terms of everything else you're saying I may have a claim to you plagiarizing me, LOL...just kidding of course...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.