Eberechi Eze

You've listed 1 possible mistake out of how many transfers over the last 7 years, probably about 50, so the chances are they won't make a mistake this time because it's quite unusual. So what was the point you were trying to make ?
We are all aware that we have a high success rate - we currently hold 4 trophies - which is why I pointed out that we aren't infallible. I, like most, generally trust the club on transfers (at least under Pep) but there are times when I think a potential target is a bad move. I don't know why some get their knickers in a twist about it.

LOL.

If you go back in this thread someone posted his numbers versus Gundogan's last year and they're almost identical. Eze doing it on a far worse side is arguably more impressive.
It is far harder to try and break down defences playing for City than it is any other team in the league. Teams play out of their skin like it’s their cup final against us, often in a deep defensive system. If they don’t, they’ll get twatted 6-0. For us to have players break that down makes them top class.

Someone with similar stats at a midtable/bottom half club doesn’t show a great deal of a comparison.

Midtable/bottom half players have far more time and space in far less intense games to do better than our players do against the same teams. And no midtable/bottom half players have ever played in big games like we do when it becomes title level games.

The games we’ve had against Liverpool over the years, less so Arsenal last season who aren’t as good as Liverpool have been as our challengers, but still count them… for any City players to pick up stats in those games where the level of competition is far beyond anything any midtable/bottom half player ever plays in, takes them well above the midtable/bottom half teams+players.

This is where stats are misleading.

It’s more important to look at what the player actually does while watching the game that go off any stats. Even little things like what his body position and balance is like when passing, crossing and shooting, are often more important than a stat is when judging a player. Other things like what a player does after they’ve passed, crossed or shot. Does he turn his head to see what’s around him before he receives a pass? Does he get his head up to see what’s in front of him and see what’s on when he’s received a pass? What’s his thought process like when the ball is in different areas of the pitch? What’s his movement like off the ball?… But there are no stats for those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all aware that we have a high success rate - we currently hold 4 trophies - which is why I pointed out that we aren't infallible. I, like most, generally trust the club on transfers (at least under Pep) but there are times when I think a potential target is a bad move. I don't know why some get their knickers in a twist about it.
Forum; Noun.. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:

I don't agree I think a lot of players are worth that and some. Haaland, KDB, dias, rodri. Grealish's great and has shined but when I ask myself could the money have been spent at the time on a different winger for what i'd consider to be similar/better results I think it's possible
Its not about what we think though bud ..It's about what the club think. but we debate it anyway and we're all correct. ;)

I seem to remember the disco song going;

'Lets all have a disco-Silva Navas Isco'

Or did I dream it ?
Clapping Standing Ovation GIF - Clapping StandingOvation Wonderful -  Discover & Share GIFs | Standing ovation, Applause gif, Gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.