Eden Hazard (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eden Hazard

pudge said:
MSP said:
sjk2008 said:
I'm with you here Pudge. Giggs & Scholes are still playing at the top level. In the last 4 years, they've featured in 2 Champions League Finals and won 3 Premiership trophies.

Yes they are on the decline and that is down to the fact they are past their footballing prime. That isn't the same as not playing at the top level.

The main point is that players like Giggs, Scholes (of bloody course they were great players not much time ago), Maldini, Del Piero and likes (it's silly to mention goalkeepers here as it's pretty normal that their careers last much longer) are "mistake of nature" not something that is usual in modern football world.

Discussion started when someone said that Hazard still has 15+ years of playing at top level. I think it is a ridiculous statement for someone who's 21 years old. 99% of players finish their careers before 35 or cash their name and glory in MLS, China or Middle East.
Discussion started when you said we should sign him because he's 15 years old, which didn't make sense.

Oh my God, that statement requires starting it from the beginning again despite everything already said and I'm really kinda sleepy to play mind games with you.

He has 25+ years of playing at high level. Fair enough? :)

Joehannes said:
If we don't sign Hazard, so be it, it's as much his loss as it is ours if not more. However, I trust the powers that be to sign the right players who will strengthen the right areas going in to next season. The end.

Exactly, whatever happens we are the Champions and we're going to be a stronger side in August than we are now.

Enjoy the summer, ignore the hyperbole.

MSP said:
pudge said:
MSP said:
The main point is that players like Giggs, Scholes (of bloody course they were great players not much time ago), Maldini, Del Piero and likes (it's silly to mention goalkeepers here as it's pretty normal that their careers last much longer) are "mistake of nature" not something that is usual in modern football world.

Discussion started when someone said that Hazard still has 15+ years of playing at top level. I think it is a ridiculous statement for someone who's 21 years old. 99% of players finish their careers before 35 or cash their name and glory in MLS, China or Middle East.
Discussion started when you said we should sign him because he's 15 years old, which didn't make sense.

Oh my God, that statement requires starting it from the beginning again despite everything already said and I'm really kinda sleepy to play mind games with you.

He has 25+ years of playing at high level. Fair enough? :)
Where the f##k are you getting 25+ years from?

I think he's broken, sjk2008

OB1 said:
Blue2112 said:
carlos92 said:
And to top it all we don't have any history as well.....

I'd forgot about that but its understandable when you haven't got one ;-)

Never mind all that, have you got Rush tickets?

No I heard they were coming here, but then MTV reported they were going to Birmingham but since Chelsea won the Champions league it seems Wembley Arena is making a late bid for the gig. Apparently there's a fourth venue in discussions but nobody but Geddy knows for sure.

Nevertheless I shall be there ;-)

Just for a bit of balance against the "football Manager" types with their 'he's amazin' quotes ..........
He may or may not be, BUT however good he may look over 90mins as opposed to youtube.....it was in a league won by a team who had John FUCKING USELESS Utaka playing for them ;)

Magicpants said:
Jumanji said:
Magicpants said:
Hazard really isn't THAT good you load of fucking wierdos.

If we were talking about Messi I could maybe understand the amount of freaking out but he is not anywhere near that level.

Whoever signs him aren't suddenly going to become world beaters because of Eden Hazard.
Hazard give us something we sorely lack (penetration).

Being the only player in Europe to score more than 15 goals and 15 assists besides Messi tells me he's damn good.

I take it you haven't watched him?

I have watched him play 14 times this season, more last season and when I say watched him I dont mean stroking one out to youtube highlights.

I am almost certain all the people who are treating ths transfer as if we were on the verge of signing Messi are the ones who have only seen the guy play on youtube clips, and judging by your goals/assist comment I am sure you are one of them.

He is a quality player and he would give us something we lack in term of width and pace, but he not a unique snowflake, there are alternatives who would provide the same thing.

As for his goals/assists, like I said he is quality but bear in mind the quality of the teams he is facing week in week out, the french league is a long long way below Germany/Italy in terms of quality, never mind Spain/England.

He would be a good signing, thats it.
Youtube clips? Get the fuck out of here, mate.

I'm usually one of the people on the forum that goes "Hazard is playing at x time, let's watch it...here's a stream"

I've watched nearly every match of his since Mancini went to visit him.

I even downloaded Lille's CL matches to see how he looked on the grand stage.

How does me using a statistic show that I've only seen him on youtube? I will never know.....perhaps you're talking about yourself.

robbieh said:
I'll lay my cards out straight away. Not seen the guy in a live game. I'll take your word for it he's good.

But if he is the next Ronaldo I find it strange that Real/Barca have shown no interest. You really think they'd just let him go to United without a fight.

This tells me some of you are perhaps overating the guy.

In which case maybe we're better off looking elsewhere.

Actually Barcelona and Real Madrid have both tried to seduce him for the last couple of years. In fact Barcelona made a concrete offer (20 millions) last year but Lille rejected it (so they went for Sanchez).
And Real Madrid is interested for quite a time now, with Mourinho saying nice things about him and most of all Zidane telling to the french television a year and a half ago that he said to Mourinho it should be his priority signing.

But when Hazard said he decided he would go to PL, they understood they could not sign him. So why bother wasting time fighting against United and City when you know that in the end the player will choose a brittish club ?

PS : Here is the less crappy youtube video of him, showing not only his goals but also his technical skills.
It is a video about his current season, from august 2011 to march 2012.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eJ9703d3VI[/youtube]

southamptonblue said:
Just for a bit of balance against the "football Manager" types with their 'he's amazin' quotes ..........
He may or may not be, BUT however good he may look over 90mins as opposed to youtube.....it was in a league won by a team who had John FUCKING USELESS Utaka playing for them ;)
SOUTHAMPTONblue

Hmmmmmm ;)

Would I be right in thinking that nothing new has happened since he said he would decide by June 2nd who he was going to sign for ? I was going to read the last 20 pages but I've lost the will to live......

Maybe this is another agent we should teach a lesson too! Walk away and go straight to Bilbao and get Martinez and muniain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.