Eden Hazard (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eden Hazard

pudge said:
MSP said:
pudge said:
Ah of course, I must have missed where I wrote that....

They both play consistently for (like it or not) one of the biggest teams in the world in the toughest league in the world. So yes, my point remains, I think they are both playing at a high level.

City could sign Mike Sumerbee but that wouldn't mean he would be playing at top level. The fact they are playing consistently for one of the biggest teams in the world means nothing but the fact that their team was not able to purchase top level players on their positions.

They are barely able to play a full game, Scholes still looks solid in time he gets but Giggs was liability for them for most of this season. Players can't play at top level when they're 35+, not even Zanetti is good as he was.

Someone's quality is what I consider playing at top level, not the club he plays for. And again, nobody can't play at top level quality with age of 35+. And especially, that can't be said for someone who's 21 only.
I like how you slipped Buzzer's name in there, seeing as you probably hadn't heard of him 4 years ago...

Players can play at a high level past 35, look at 'keepers Given, Van der Sar, Brad Friedal...

And Giggs and Scholes are 38 and 37 respectively, so the past 2 or 3 seasons must be taken into account and over that period of time, they have played at a high level at the highest level

I'm with you here Pudge. Giggs & Scholes are still playing at the top level. In the last 4 years, they've featured in 2 Champions League Finals and won 3 Premiership trophies.

Yes they are on the decline and that is down to the fact they are past their footballing prime. That isn't the same as not playing at the top level.

i have just heard from a close friend (who informed me of the owen hargreaves deal 2 weeks before it broke), that hazard will NOT be joining us.

The bottom line is hazard is an amazing player, he will only get better in our team and would be amazing to see him with Aguero,Silva and Nasri as a front 4. If we spent £40mill pound on him it would be a bargain, so all you who say who cares if he goes to scum or chelsea you have quite clearly never seen him play propperly, it would be the worst thing that could happen if he went elsewhere.

MSP said:
pudge said:
MSP said:
City could sign Mike Sumerbee but that wouldn't mean he would be playing at top level. The fact they are playing consistently for one of the biggest teams in the world means nothing but the fact that their team was not able to purchase top level players on their positions.

They are barely able to play a full game, Scholes still looks solid in time he gets but Giggs was liability for them for most of this season. Players can't play at top level when they're 35+, not even Zanetti is good as he was.

Someone's quality is what I consider playing at top level, not the club he plays for. And again, nobody can't play at top level quality with age of 35+. And especially, that can't be said for someone who's 21 only.
I like how you slipped Buzzer's name in there, seeing as you probably hadn't heard of him 4 years ago...

Players can play at a high level past 35, look at 'keepers Given, Van der Sar, Brad Friedal...

And Giggs and Scholes are 38 and 37 respectively, so the past 2 or 3 seasons must be taken into account and over that period of time, they have played at a high level at the highest level

whatever...
Your intellect knows no bounds

sjk2008 said:
pudge said:
MSP said:

I'm with you here Pudge. Giggs & Scholes are still playing at the top level. In the last 4 years, they've featured in 2 Champions League Finals and won 3 Premiership trophies.

Yes they are on the decline and that is down to the fact they are past their footballing prime. That isn't the same as not playing at the top level.

The main point is that players like Giggs, Scholes (of bloody course they were great players not much time ago), Maldini, Del Piero and likes (it's silly to mention goalkeepers here as it's pretty normal that their careers last much longer) are "mistake of nature" not something that is usual in modern football world.

Discussion started when someone said that Hazard still has 15+ years of playing at top level. I think it is a ridiculous statement for someone who's 21 years old. 99% of players finish their careers before 35 or cash their name and glory in MLS, China or Middle East.

Blue2112 said:
carlos92 said:
Blue2112 said:
If he goes to the rags he can team up with Sneijder, afterall Sky Sports told us he was nailed on to United all last Summer.

We're doomed I tell ya....Silva, Yaya and Aguero all wanna leave, we're gonna lose Eden to the Rags and there's reports we're having a black and white badge next season. Think I might jump ship to one of the big clubs because it all sounds like its going tits up at City.

And to top it all we don't have any history as well.....

I'd forgot about that but its understandable when you haven't got one ;-)

Never mind all that, have you got Rush tickets?

mansour's tow ropes said:
i have just heard from a close friend (who informed me of the owen hargreaves deal 2 weeks before it broke), that hazard will NOT be joining us.

Mancini didnt even know he was signing Hargreaves 2 weeks before as he was still arguing with the bosses about them giving him more money

Everyone is a ITK today

mansour's tow ropes said:

Who's he joining then ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.