Eden Hazard (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eden Hazard

MSP said:
sjk2008 said:
pudge said:
I like how you slipped Buzzer's name in there, seeing as you probably hadn't heard of him 4 years ago...

Players can play at a high level past 35, look at 'keepers Given, Van der Sar, Brad Friedal...

And Giggs and Scholes are 38 and 37 respectively, so the past 2 or 3 seasons must be taken into account and over that period of time, they have played at a high level at the highest level

I'm with you here Pudge. Giggs & Scholes are still playing at the top level. In the last 4 years, they've featured in 2 Champions League Finals and won 3 Premiership trophies.

Yes they are on the decline and that is down to the fact they are past their footballing prime. That isn't the same as not playing at the top level.

The main point is that players like Giggs, Scholes (of bloody course they were great players not much time ago), Maldini, Del Piero and likes (it's silly to mention goalkeepers here as it's pretty normal that their careers last much longer) are "mistake of nature" not something that is usual in modern football world.

Discussion started when someone said that Hazard still has 15+ years of playing at top level. I think it is a ridiculous statement for someone who's 21 years old. 99% of players finish their careers before 35 or cash their name and glory in MLS, China or Middle East.
Discussion started when you said we should sign him because he's 15 years old, which didn't make sense.

Hargreaves was a last minute signing wasn't he, Mancini wanted one of De Rossi/Sandro/Gago but no funds were made available for another signing so we hurried Hargreaves on deadline day. I doubt we knew we were signing him two weeks earlier or why didn't we just sign him then? He was a free agent after all.

If he comes Brill, but!! If he,s dithering about coming to us i dont want him! We want players that want to come to City!!! It will be his loss not ours.

I'll lay my cards out straight away. Not seen the guy in a live game. I'll take your word for it he's good.

But if he is the next Ronaldo I find it strange that Real/Barca have shown no interest. You really think they'd just let him go to United without a fight.

This tells me some of you are perhaps overating the guy.

In which case maybe we're better off looking elsewhere.

If we don't sign Hazard, so be it, it's as much his loss as it is ours if not more. However, I trust the powers that be to sign the right players who will strengthen the right areas going in to next season. The end.

It's that time again. A thread like this without one is.........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgee3IGYZsU[/youtube]

MSP said:
sjk2008 said:
pudge said:
I like how you slipped Buzzer's name in there, seeing as you probably hadn't heard of him 4 years ago...

Players can play at a high level past 35, look at 'keepers Given, Van der Sar, Brad Friedal...

And Giggs and Scholes are 38 and 37 respectively, so the past 2 or 3 seasons must be taken into account and over that period of time, they have played at a high level at the highest level

I'm with you here Pudge. Giggs & Scholes are still playing at the top level. In the last 4 years, they've featured in 2 Champions League Finals and won 3 Premiership trophies.

Yes they are on the decline and that is down to the fact they are past their footballing prime. That isn't the same as not playing at the top level.

The main point is that players like Giggs, Scholes (of bloody course they were great players not much time ago), Maldini, Del Piero and likes (it's silly to mention goalkeepers here as it's pretty normal that their careers last much longer) are "mistake of nature" not something that is usual in modern football world.

Discussion started when someone said that Hazard still has 15+ years of playing at top level. I think it is a ridiculous statement for someone who's 21 years old. 99% of players finish their careers before 35 or cash their name and glory in MLS, China or Middle East.

And if they did then they wouldn't be playing top level football.

As for Giggs & Scholes, well they are still playing 15+ games in the biggest league in the world, one of them played in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.