Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply as long as we are offering equivalent wages it is difficult to see any player in control of his faculties choosing any English club over City at the moment, especially one with such attacking brio as Hazard.

We are the Champions, play breathtaking football, are incredibly well resourced - both in terms of finances and infrastructure - and are about to break down the established order. That should provide an irresistible allure to any player with serious ambition.

He'll come to us and if he doesn't then he's not right for us anyway. Aguero got it and so did Silva. It's up to you Eden. Come and join the ride - it won't be boring and you won't regret it for a second.

Roll On City said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
There must be a term for what's occurring here - we're in danger of way over rating this player. He's very good, but he's not the only 'very good' player in the world and he's certainly not in the Messi/Ronaldo league.

Why the massive panic over who he signs for? We should only want players who want to wear our shirt and die for the cause, otherwise we're only storing up problems for the future and risking upsetting the dressing room.

If this guy is undecided, then we should walk away. Personally, given the choice - i'd have bale anyway.......................however, i stand by what i've said all along - hazard will come to us, the rest is agents trying to get us to pay more.

So you put a huge amount of work into this deal, conducted 16month scouting mission on the main target , looked at every single aspect of his life, including what TV programmes he likes, what food he likes ....etc, and just walk away..... Right
Thanks, I know, its been exhausting.
Im not going to repeat myself yet again on this thread - if you couldn't be bothered to read earlier entries then you cant be that interested? I did have some 'insider info' about this deal from the Lille end.

ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
I don't have to - you answered your own question.................and I stand by what I said. If (wouldnt happen) we got Ronaldo/messi by paying them twice as much as any other player then the unrest would quickly negate any influence he might have on results. We must keep the team spirit we've got and only get players in who want to play for us - not their bank manager.
So, no matter how good Hazard is, (up for debate despite your strong assertions) if he's unsure, then we shouldn't sign him.
However, as I said all along - i rate him as a very good player we should be trying to sign, and I believe we will.
Hope that clarifies my standpoint?
Not really no. Yaya, for example, came to play here, not to play for the shirt, but to increase his bank balance (as can be seen from his wage demands) and to link up with his brother. Whether that was City or anyone else mattered not one jot.

Now he has done ok for the side, without destroying morale has he not? I find your "I want them to be desperate to come to City or they can fuck off" to be somewhat simplistic and child like. We are a top club going up against other top clubs for one of the most sought after pllayers in the world. He could go to any of the clubs and be successful, as well he knows. I am just glad that your input is limited to posts on a forum rather than being anywhere fucking near a negotiation table where City is involved.

-- Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 am --

ANY1aBLUE said:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for that. Wow. Cheered me up.

-- Sun May 20, 2012 10:55 am --

ANY1aBLUE said:
I thought the question had been answered? Three players named for you and a reason given. Move on.
You really are thick aren't you. You stated that if we couldn't get Hazard there were plenty more other we could buy. Now there is no way we could purchase the 3 names above so it is of no fucking use is it.

You asked for an example of a 'more direct player' - nothing more,nothing less. Bale is more direct. You didnt ask for any other qualifications. Question answered.
Are you always so unreasonable? Please don't resort to personal insults to defend yourself, as it devalues your argument and makes you look a little silly.
I'm not unreasonable, I simply don't suffer fools gladly.

You're moving the goal posts like a pro I shall give you that. Now here goes, I'll use baby steps to try and make it simple for you. You stated there were many other players we could go for (I presume you mean to play in his position of winger/attacking midfield-forward, a similar role to Messi & Ronaldo), now the 3 names you see so happy about could not be purchased at this time, so it's hardly possible to count them as being "other players we could go for" is it.

Then you siggest Bale! And don't take it down to the semantics of "you simply said more direct not better". If I wanted the most direct player I could have just said Richard Dunne as he twats it up field every time.

My fault really for expecting you to follow a line of thought. I should have been more precise in the first instant and said "name me another player that we could possibly purchase this summer that would be as good or better than Hazard playing as a wide attacking forward who also has the ability to play in the centre behind the strikers". The answer is that there isn't one.<br /><br />-- Sun May 20, 2012 11:11 am --<br /><br />
cookster said:
One of the last posts I read last night and one of the first today, SWP is calling someone thick.

God, you should be our manager as you have all the answers.
There are many thick people on here that can't follow a fairly simple line of logic.

There is no need to call me God though. Sir will suffice.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
I was disappointed Chelsea won last night because I was hoping they would disappear off the radar, but now they are going to be back in competing for all our targets.

What's your take on this Tolmie?

The good news is that however bad we feel about it, it makes it is much worse for Utd. City can only buy 2-3 players. Utd could work around that, but with CFC back it means CFC and City will pick up 7-8 players and Utd will either pick up the remaining crumbs or pay over the odds.

And the other good news is that Bale and Modric come into play

Chelsea aren't back as far as I can see.

Last night was a culmination of a decade's hard graft, one last hurrah for a team which needs major refit.

Good luck to them, but the flip side of the argument could be what else motivates Abramovich now?

I was thinking the same last night, he's backed the club to win the holy grail, the prize he's always wanted, what's going to make him tick now?

SWP's back said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
Name me a more direct player in the world (let alone aged 21) than Hazard other than Messi and Ronaldo.

I don't have to - you answered your own question.................and I stand by what I said. If (wouldnt happen) we got Ronaldo/messi by paying them twice as much as any other player then the unrest would quickly negate any influence he might have on results. We must keep the team spirit we've got and only get players in who want to play for us - not their bank manager.
So, no matter how good Hazard is, (up for debate despite your strong assertions) if he's unsure, then we shouldn't sign him.
However, as I said all along - i rate him as a very good player we should be trying to sign, and I believe we will.
Hope that clarifies my standpoint?
Not really no. Yaya, for example, came to play here, not to play for the shirt, but to increase his bank balance (as can be seen from his wage demands) and to link up with his brother. Whether that was City or anyone else mattered not one jot.

Now he has done ok for the side, without destroying morale has he not? I find your "I want them to be desperate to come to City or they can fuck off" to be somewhat simplistic and child like. We are a top club going up against other top clubs for one of the most sought after pllayers in the world. He could go to any of the clubs and be successful, as well he knows. I am just glad that your input is limited to posts on a forum rather than being anywhere fucking near a negotiation table where City is involved.

-- Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 am --

ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
Name me a more direct player in the world (let alone aged 21) than Hazard other than Messi and Ronaldo.

Bale
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for that. Wow. Cheered me up.

-- Sun May 20, 2012 10:55 am --

ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
Sorry I thought I'd made it clear that I was looking for someone that could be purchased in the event that Hazard doesn't come.

And FWIW, I don't rate him as highly as Hazard,.

I thought the question had been answered? Three players named for you and a reason given. Move on.
You really are thick aren't you. You stated that if we couldn't get Hazard there were plenty more other we could buy. Now there is no way we could purchase the 3 names above so it is of no fucking use is it.
You couldn't make it up. Someone calling others 'thick' and 'childlike' - who then resorts to; foul language, banal statements, poorly reasoned argument, throws toys out of the pram and completes the infantile set with bad spelling..............................it seems your reputation here goes before you. Stop being silly and take a few deep breaths.

@ any1ablue - Why do you keep answering a post and then returning and answering again? You have still to actually answer the points, you are now just attacking my spelling and "reputation" for the second post in a row.

Who are the players we could buy instead that are just as good as Hazard to play the same position?

Apparently talks are going to be held on Monday regarding the transfer. The only problem I see with the transfer is if Hazard thinks he will not get enough playing time. This for me may be the stumbling block and if he chooses not to sign for us then so be it.

If he doesn't come he doesn't come its a simple as that. When we get to the point of him (if he does so) signing with another team then we can look on to the list and see whats next. As for the arguing I don't know why your arguing. Not everyone that has signed with city was die hard to get there with example like Yaya who did it for a few reasons, his brother being one and the money of course. Nasri did it to play champions league football and if Hazard wants to play champions league football and is worried about playing time he might sign with someone like Chelsea where I can see him starting every game. I can see him in the sky blue starting every game as well but without that promised on a contract the chances of him taking a risk in being benched might be to high for him.

Thats it we have the title we have the £££ and most of all we have the FANS....Welcome to Manchester City
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Quite simply as long as we are offering equivalent wages it is difficult to see any player in control of his faculties choosing any English club over City at the moment, especially one with such attacking brio as Hazard.

We are the Champions, play breathtaking football, are incredibly well resourced - both in terms of finances and infrastructure - and are about to break down the established order. That should provide an irresistible allure to any player with serious ambition.

He'll come to us and if he doesn't then he's not right for us anyway. Aguero got it and so did Silva. It's up to you Eden. Come and join the ride - it won't be boring and you won't regret it for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.