Eden Hazard

He's one of the best players in the league and indeed the whole of Europe. IF he's available we should sign him as a player that good can only make us even stronger.

The question should never be 'how much does someone cost?', but 'can they improve us?'

Signing him doesn't need to restrict or hold back Sterling or Sané either, we play so many games everyone will get plenty of opportunities. Hazard would be another world class option.

He is one of the very best players in the league and if your people's eyes don't tell them that, check out his stats: whoscored ranks him the fourth best player in the league this season with almost exactly the same score as Salah - Aguero and KDB lead the way. Back in 14/15, Hazard led the league by a mile on extended assists which, imo, is a great measure of a player's contribution but one that is not normally published.

He would improve us and he doesn't need to hold back Sane and Sterling because he could play any of the five forward positions in our team but I think he would become Merlin's successor (i.e. he'd increasingly play where Dave does as Dave winds down to his inevitable return to Spain).

Bernardo getting time ahead of Sterling hasn't hampered him.

Bernardo hasn't really gotten time ahead of Sterling though. If you're naming our best XI with everyone fit, Sterling is in it, not B. Silva who definitely played second fiddle, starting half as many league games as sterling (29 vs 15).

I think there might potentially be a chance that Sané gets a bit put out if we go and buy Hazard because if he comes, Hazard is going to play every game or near enough. He'll be like KDB and Silva - he'll have a regular spot in the starting XI and Sané may get relegated to a similar role to Bernardo's this season, or best case scenario a 50/50 share like Aguero/Jesus.

It'll definitely be a change for Sané, he may have to move around more to get games, he might start seeing a lot more sub appearances rather than starts, he will find that he's not immediately in that starting XI for the first time since December 2016 really, and that might cause problems.

At this point however, I think we just have to trust Pep to get it right, manage the squad to keep them happy and to make the right selection decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.