Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think he needed to react for both penalties but I understand that’s his game and he has a supreme confidence that he owns the ball in his penalty area. For balls that take him out wide, he just needs to be a little more circumspect and when he decides to go, stay on his feet like a defender would unless he is 100% sure of the ball. His distribution is beyond words though, and massively outweighs his errors.

In terms of quality and range of distribution, possibly his best game for us. Some of his passes were immense.

Unlike others, I’m not bothered about the rick(s); he’ll mainly iron those out of his game - but not altogether; his game is centred around quick decision making: that has its inevitable (occasional) pitfalls.

Fucking love this guy. I’m rapidly approaching Sergio levels of man-love for him.

Only this ^

I think it's just par for the course of having a keeper like Ederson. Yeah, his/our style of play might mean we concede the odd penalty (and 2 in a week, in a vacuum, looks bad) but what he brings to the team is incredible and I think if you asked him to reign it in a little then you'd take away a generally positive aspect of his game.

His passing was different gravy. 2-1 in a derby game, with a lump like Lukaku bearing down on you, and you just casually dink it out to a full back. Cool as fuck.

Has Ederson been taking advice from Sturridge , wonder if he has had a little wager on the opposition scoring a penalty , cant think of any other reason for his mad dashes to bring down the oppositions centre forward , or maybe he gets bored , either way he is proving a far better keeper than the Doughnut thief.

He had a mad dash against spurs against Kane and timed it perfectly and was lauded for it. Just one of those things are such a small margin they’re going to happen

Has Ederson been taking advice from Sturridge , wonder if he has had a little wager on the opposition scoring a penalty , cant think of any other reason for his mad dashes to bring down the oppositions centre forward , or maybe he gets bored , either way he is proving a far better keeper than the Doughnut thief.

The amount of times i read Which rag player would get in our team, Eddie is the only one who would get replaced.
Not for me though, our whole style of play is defined by how we build from the back.
I don’t see De Gea doing what Eddie does.
Our dominance is so good we don’t see too much shot stopping from him , whereas thats what makes De Gea a decent keeper.
Joe was a great shot stopper but like De Gea he didnt suit our style.

The amount of times i read Which rag player would get in our team, Eddie is the only one who would get replaced.
Not for me though, our whole style of play is defined by how we build from the back.
I don’t see De Gea doing what Eddie does.
Our dominance is so good we don’t see too much shot stopping from him , whereas thats what makes De Gea a decent keeper.
Joe was a great shot stopper but like De Gea he didnt suit our style.
Agreed.

Moreover, Ederson's goalkeeping style is extremely aggressive - it always has been. He'll charge out of goal to cut out plays most often succeeding - but occasionally making a seemingly daft error.

The only thing I’d say is that on both occasions where he has given away penalties in the last two matches, I think he could have reached the ball and avoided conceding the penalty. He seems to have a technique where he comes out quickly and robustly, but then at that last moment, pulls his hands in to his chest as if to try and avoid contact, when he could actually have reached the ball had his arms been outstretched. Maybe that’s a bit of a protective instinct after getting hurt at Kane’s feet a couple of weeks ago, but it does seem like it’s a bit of his technique that he should work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.