Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from this bit.

Errr....no it isn’t.
Ha. I agree with you mate, but some might not.

My effusiveness about the article is more to do with the historical and tactical context in which it is written, rather than the veracity of whether he agrees that Ederson is the best at both long and short passes.

"The huge advantage Ederson has is his long-range passing which, as Tottenham found at the Etihad last season, means an opponent cannot simply push men high on the full-backs and think that will thwart City, because they can then simply play accurately to players high up the pitch."

This is where he really is outstanding amongst the current crop of "sweeper-keepers".

But FTR I think he is the best all-round keeper, certainly in the PL and probably the world. I wouldn't want anyone else and I hope I'm still watching him in 2030.

Ha. I agree with you mate, but some might not.

My effusiveness about the article is more to do with the historical and tactical context in which it is written, rather than the veracity of whether he agrees that Ederson is the best at both long and short passes.

"The huge advantage Ederson has is his long-range passing which, as Tottenham found at the Etihad last season, means an opponent cannot simply push men high on the full-backs and think that will thwart City, because they can then simply play accurately to players high up the pitch."

This is where he really is outstanding amongst the current crop of "sweeper-keepers".

But FTR I think he is the best all-round keeper, certainly in the PL and probably the world. I wouldn't want anyone else and I hope I'm still watching him in 2030.
Me too, pal.

Apart from this bit.

Errr....no it isn’t.

He’s probably the best keeper in terms of passing in the history of the sport. Who’s better?

Ederson’s passing is better than most midfielders in the league.

Ederson with Pep revolutionialized the goal keeper position.

After Eddy’s success. Both Chelsea and Liverpool went out and brought two keepers good with their feet for DOUBLE the price of the previous world record. Says it all really and both Kepa and Alisson aren’t even close to Ederson in terms of ability on the ball, passing and calmness under pressure. Watched Alisson hoof it countless times against Burnley.

Good thing for us Eddy is only 25 years old and on a long contract. Scary to think about how good he will become.

I think he's great with the ball at his feet but as a shot stopper he's got some improving to do. Whether the ball took a deflection or not he shouldn't be letting it roll out. He should be picking it up and starting an attack.

Last edited:
A few errors have started to creep into his game since Bravo got injured. Signing this MLS goalkeeper might give him a kick up the arse.

He's fantastic. One of the few goalkeepers in the world you'd actually pay to watch. Just needs reminding that he's not invincible.

I think he's great with the ball at his feet but as a shot stopper he's got some improving to do. Whether the ball took a deflection or not he shouldn't be letting it roll out. He should be picking it up and starting an attack.

Spot on, keep it in play. Also the corner for the second goal he pushes Gundogan, leaving them both out of position, great with his feet but keeping needs attention.

A few errors have started to creep into his game since Bravo got injured. Signing this MLS goalkeeper might give him a kick up the arse.

He's fantastic. One of the few goalkeepers in the world you'd actually pay to watch. Just needs reminding that he's not invincible.
It might, if Eddie needed one and the MLS goalkeeper could get a work permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.