Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best use will be quick turnovers from things like opposition corners. If he can claim the ball, boot it immediately about halfway into their half, and we have someone like Sané/Sterling/Jesus left up on the edge of halfway, they will outpace 9/10 defenders and the average PL keeper will be too scared to come 15-20 yards out of their box.

Cue 1v1 opportunity.

It's easily defended in terms of higher up the pitch, the beauty is pinning them to there 18 yard box from a starting point, opposing defences in this country are far to rigid, having the ability to mess with that works both ways.... this tool forces back the high press from opposing teams, thus easing the pressure on our own back line....

It's easily defended in terms of higher up the pitch, the beauty is pinning them to there 18 yard box from a starting point, opposing defences in this country are far to rigid, having the ability to mess with that works both ways.... this tool forces back the high press from opposing teams, thus easing the pressure on our own back line....

Yeah definitely, Pep's always used rapid players in his forward line to force opposition defences back and give his midfield more space. Unfortunately we found far to often last season that teams were more than happy to not press, and just sit back conceding possession and midfield. Counters from deep in our half or defensive set pieces are our biggest opportunities to make use of the pace we've got.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely, Pep's always used rapid players in his forward line to force opposition defences back and give his midfield more space. Unfortunately we found far to often last season that teams were more than happy to not press, and just sit back conceding possession and midfield.

It's what makes pep the best in the business, countering the problem without compromising his ideals... this may shock you but I admire people who stick to there guns, regardless if they are wrong at times...(:

I think a few of us talked at length last year about the excitement behind the bravo signing, on reflection this was more on applying his skills set to a pep system, however flawed due to a few variables. Pep has acted quickly and admitted the mistake without having to declare it publicly.... mark my words though, he won't get it wrong twice, this is the signing that makes the system tick!

I can see he still looks a bit nervous and anxious at times, but much better than against United. Night to day, really. At this rate he'll be at his best when the season starts.

Fantastic today. Really solid glovework, and *that* pass to Aguero. Looking forward to him catching out a few defences this season.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.