Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIFA needs to outlaw third party ownership. It is like modern day slavery..."owning" player?!

Players should either have a binding legal employment contract with a team or be a free agent. This "third party ownership" is bollocks!

They have already outlawed it.

They have already outlawed it.
Also, it's not as easy as he suggests it. That's basically the way Portuguese football clubs are functioning and most importantly, this gives the chance for talented South American players to make a career in Europe, whether we like it or not, so the slavery thing is a very lazy stance. Of course, it would be better if there was no need for third-party ownership but that's just unrealistic.

Also, it's not as easy as he suggests it. That's basically the way Portuguese football clubs are functioning and most importantly, this gives the chance for talented South American players to make a career in Europe, whether we like it or not, so the slavery thing is a very lazy stance. Of course, it would be better if there was no need for third-party ownership but that's just unrealistic.

The best talent of south america will end up going direct to top Euro sides but those not quite at the top can be offered deals where third parties will pay them upfront for a share of future deals and then work to get them into secondary european sides typically Portugal but also eastern European teams as well, then hope they do well enough to make it to the top. It's not really slavery as the third parties are taking a punt that they can pull the strings and get them to a top club with some big money changing hands. It's not far removed from an agent.

That said it should be outlawed as it throws up a whole load of conflicts of interests.

Okay, so I've had some snippets from a reliable source a couple of times, and I've just heard from him now.

Ederson was obviously at the CFA this week, signed his contract, and completed his medical - and is now back in Portugal. While everything is agreed between City and Benfica, there are still some third party issues which needs to be resolved before we can announce him as our player.

The announcement should be on Monday, if everything goes to plan - if not earlier. At the absolute latest, the announcement will be on September 1st. 110%.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Okay, so I've had some snippets from a reliable source a couple of times, and I've just heard from him now.

Ederson was obviously at the CFA this week, signed his contract, and completed his medical - and is now back in Portugal. While everything is agreed between City and Benfica, there are still some third party issues which needs to be resolved before we can announce him as our player.

The announcement should be on Monday, if everything goes to plan - if not earlier. At the absolute latest, the announcement will be on September 1st. 110%.

BANG BANG.

ITK god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.