Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we went for Ederson and Semedo that would be 2 non homegrown in positions we have been linked with homegrown players. I've no problem with that but it does mean we would need to trim our 17 non homegrown somewhere. Especially if Navas and Toure are given extra years

Not really, we've got 4 or 5 non-hg players leaving.

If Tosin re-signs, Roberts comes back or Maffeo gets used we won't need any more than 17 foreign players

Not really, we've got 4 or 5 non-hg players leaving.

If Tosin re-signs, Roberts comes back or Maffeo gets used we won't need any more than 17 foreign players
The way I see the non homegrown squad next year , with Ederson and Semedo for arguments sake

Ederson, Bravo, Samedo, Kompany, Kolarov, Otamendi, New non hg left back, Fernandinho, Toure, New non hg cm, Silva, De bruyne, Gundogan, Aguero, New non hg att, Jesus, Sane.

That's 17 but leaves out Navas and leaves Kolarov covering cb and left back. Personally I'd be happy with that but would that give us enough in centre mid, and is there enough cover for Silva .

The way I see the non homegrown squad next year , with Ederson and Semedo for arguments sake

Ederson, Bravo, Samedo, Kompany, Kolarov, Otamendi, New non hg left back, Fernandinho, Toure, New non hg cm, Silva, De bruyne, Gundogan, Aguero, New non hg att, Jesus, Sane.

That's 17 but leaves out Navas and leaves Kolarov covering cb and left back. Personally I'd be happy with that but would that give us enough in centre mid, and is there enough cover for Silva .
You've forgotten Delph and it doesn't look likely that Yaya will be staying at the moment. Garcia is u21 for league and European games next season as he's been here for two years and Mooy is a possible HG option. If Walker is the right back that gives us two free foreign spots to bring in cover for Silva and Gundogan. Personally I wouldn't have two foreign keepers, Gunn should be cup keeper which would give us room for another outfield player.

If we are going for Semedo, Ederson might be affordable, as in the past teams have bought two players to fudge the numbers and get around clauses like Ederson's Rio Ave sell on.

Porto did that with Joao Moutinho & James Rodriguez in 2014 to minimise the amount Sporting got from their sell on clause on Moutinho.

I can't see us getting Ederson any other way to be honest, but with links with Victor Valdes now surfacing perhaps we've packed in Ederson completely already.

No they didn't.

It's one of those football myths like Aguero being a Liverpool fan.

You've forgotten Delph and it doesn't look likely that Yaya will be staying at the moment. Garcia is u21 for league and European games next season as he's been here for two years and Mooy is a possible HG option. If Walker is the right back that gives us two free foreign spots to bring in cover for Silva and Gundogan. Personally I wouldn't have two foreign keepers, Gunn should be cup keeper which would give us room for another outfield player.
Delph is not a "non homegrown" player.

No they didn't.

It's one of those football myths like Aguero being a Liverpool fan.

They did. They paid €25m for Joao Moutinho who was worth double that.

Or do you think Porto were just feeling charitable to sell one of their best players for a fraction of his worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.