Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Champs league is most important to them...it pushes the global brand and therefore dominating football...

The Champions League is the icing on the cake. Too many variables in cup competitions to make it an expectation to win the thing. I could see us having a target of winning it within the next five years but sustained Premier League dominance is most likely the priority.

The Champions League is the icing on the cake. Too many variables in cup competitions to make it an expectation to win the thing. I could see us having a target of winning it within the next five years but sustained Premier League dominance is most likely the priority.

i never said they expected it but its the one they want

I disagree. A good goalkeeper and pair of fullbacks wins us the league.

Fabinho coming in is much more likely to be the kind of signing that pushes us up another level in terms of the CL and competing on multiple fronts, but to me the league is always the first priority and I think we'll win it with Yaya/Fernandinho/Gundogan at the base of midfield and without Fabinho.

Not saying I don't want him, I really do, just that he's not the one we need most.

I agree that a keeper and two fullbacks are more important, especially with the players we just released, but I'm also tired of seeing players just waltz through our midfield sometimes, I'm not sure just a new keeper and a pair of fullbacks will win us the league. The past few titles have been won by having very strong midfields that are hard to bypass (Fabregas-Matic, Drinkwater-Kante, Matic-Kante), we definitely need some muscle there, Yaya is too easy to bypass now (although not as much as the previous two seasons) and Fernandinho is late way too often, Fabinho would be such a big boost in that regard.

Last edited:
Well that goes without saying; I'm sure Droylsden FC would love to win it.

the owners will want the champs league....they will do what it takes to push us there...fabihno will certainly help that.....the chairman mentions progress in the champs league every year in his end of season video......and in particular progression in it....

on a footballing basis the midfield (defensively) is also as important as the fullbacks.....and fabihno covers both those elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.