Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
fabiinho is the one we need most (along with Emerson/new goal keeper).

He will obviously be the hardest to get and i cant believe it would be a straight purchase.....utd will go for him. The worry is that they will sell it as building a team around him playing midfield where as with us he might have to play a variety of positions and he might not want that (footballers egos etc)....surely other top teams would be interested as well?

Just hope we get him but utd have shown that they will pay well over the odds for players whereas we wont...so if it goes to a bidding war then I wouldn't be confident as Im guessing the top brass will have a number that they wont go over whereas the rags again will just pay anything

He will obviously be the hardest to get and i cant believe it would be a straight purchase.....utd will go for him. The worry is that they will sell it as building a team around him playing midfield where as with us he might have to play a variety of positions and he might not want that (footballers egos etc)....surely other top teams would be interested as well?

Just hope we get him but utd have shown that they will pay well over the odds for players whereas we wont...so if it goes to a bidding war then I wouldn't be confident as Im guessing the top brass will have a number that they wont go over whereas the rags again will just pay anything

I disagree. A good goalkeeper and pair of fullbacks wins us the league.

Fabinho coming in is much more likely to be the kind of signing that pushes us up another level in terms of the CL and competing on multiple fronts, but to me the league is always the first priority and I think we'll win it with Yaya/Fernandinho/Gundogan at the base of midfield and without Fabinho.

Not saying I don't want him, I really do, just that he's not the one we need most.

I think your analysis of the Fabinho situation is correct - United don't seem to mind paying stupid money provided it makes an impact - they really are becoming a showbiz parody of themselves. The only other two factors in play here are; is Fabinho high profile enough for them? I think they'll over pay for the likes of James and Griezmann but not sure that extends to Fabinho - remember United are looking to appeal to the average Sun reader. And City probably feel they let Pep down last summer not getting him all the targets he wanted - so we do seem to have decided to try and get all our A list this year and get them quickly so perhaps we will over pay for the odd one should we need to. I can't speak for United but City do seem to have put some hard yards in for Fabinho over the long term - so hopefully it will pay off.

Links with Fabinho, Silva, Mendy and Ederson to United. None concerned me bar Fabinho because I can see it happening.

I disagree. A good goalkeeper and pair of fullbacks wins us the league.

Fabinho coming in is much more likely to be the kind of signing that pushes us up another level in terms of the CL and competing on multiple fronts, but to me the league is always the first priority and I think we'll win it with Yaya/Fernandinho/Gundogan at the base of midfield and without Fabinho.

Not saying I don't want him, I really do, just that he's not the one we need most.

its the champs league the owners want...and he owl help us un multiple fronts as well....hence why is important....

i don't disagree on th fullbacks and keeper but they look like pretty straight forward deals and TH said both Mendy and Ederson are done

its the champs league the owners want.

Says who?

Last I checked neither Khaldoon or Mansour had ever said it's the champions league they want over everything else. I often hear this line bandied about on radio or tv, but as far as I can tell, all our owners want is for us to be a sporting superpower and that starts at home by dominating domestically..

i don't disagree on th fullbacks and keeper but they look like pretty straight forward deals and TH said both Mendy and Ederson are done

Ok, well if you're saying with Mendy & Emerson already done that Fabinho is now the most important, I'd definitely agree.

Personally I think we'll get all 4 and Walker, and Sanchez. So I'm not too worried.

Says who?

Last I checked neither Khaldoon or Mansour had ever said it's the champions league they want over everything else. I often hear this line bandied about on radio or tv, but as far as I can tell, all our owners want is for us to be a sporting superpower and that starts at home by dominating domestically..

Ok, well if you're saying with Mendy & Emerson already done that Fabinho is now the most important, I'd definitely agree.

Personally I think we'll get all 4 and Walker, and Sanchez. So I'm not too worried.

Of course Champs league is most important to them...it pushes the global brand and therefore dominating football.....For me to, the league is the most important but I don't think the owners an d the people that run the club would agree.....Pep is constantly going on about how we need to evolve as s club by always being int he champs league and that we are still very inexperienced as a team/club cause we have only been in the champs league regularly for the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.