Ederson

Terrible take
You might think that, but I’m merely pointing out what wasn’t said, as Blues pile on Sam Lee.

And, I can hold two thoughts in my head at the same time: Sam Lee can be a complete prick AND Ederson didn’t refute what was reported. They can both be true.

“It was completely false” followed by two detailed paragraphs about his mindset when he said whatever he said. Hmmmm.

Perhaps he doth protest too much?!

No, but I doubt he’d comment at all if it was true.
I hope it's not true. I want Ederson to stay. I hate the way some people on this forum disrespect him considering his role in our history. But professionals are unusual people and there's a lot of "no smoke without fire" about all this. Ederson is super competitive and we know players read social media. It doesn't mean Ederson's leaving - but with the cryptic Instagram posts that night and him saying he's just "focusing on the season ahead" rather than focusing on City, plus the fact that Sam Lee's normally pretty reliable, it's easy to see where this story came from. If Ederson leaves it doesn't mean this story was correct either, but I think - regardless of the truth and regardless of the outcome - the statement's been put put to protect Ederson's reputation more than anything else. Whether it's true or not he has his professionalism to protect so I think he would make this statement regardless of what actually happened.

Ederson didn’t say what some people seem to think he said. In fact, he may have strengthened Lee’s position by saying it was at a very bad moment, when he wanted to play and couldn’t, and realized he was going to miss the run in and Copa America.

He could have said, “I didn’t say what is being reported and I’d appreciate a retraction,” but he didn’t!
Ederson's statement says "it is completely false".

Could not be any clearer.

Ederson didn’t say what some people seem to think he said. In fact, he may have strengthened Lee’s position by saying it was at a very bad moment, when he wanted to play and couldn’t, and realized he was going to miss the run in and Copa America.

He could have said, “I didn’t say what is being reported and I’d appreciate a retraction,” but he didn’t!
are you missing a chunk of his statement? He literally says "it is completely false" he could not have made it any clearer than that.

Is it me or are Sam Lee's posts utter drivel at times?
I think that Lee has some sources, probably other journalists but who knows. By and large I take what he says with a large pinch of salt, especially about current issues. This hasn’t reflected well on him at all..

Ederson's statement says "it is completely false".

Could not be any clearer.
I’m saying it wasn’t a short and sweet… “I didn’t say it, apologize,” but a further two
paragraphs that it was false and then a long discussion of what his mindset was at the time, as if to provide context for what he actually believes he did say…which he doesn’t say!!

:-)

I doubt Sam Lee just fabricated the whole thing for the hell of it, but was probably given duff info and I’m glad that Ederson has publicly called it out. He clearly was aggrieved after the Spurs game judging by his social media post, as you’d expect after being injured again, but it always seemed like bullshit that it was because he was envious of the praise that Ortega was getting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.