Ederson

Ditto you and situations.

See my response to domalino, not debating whether he wants to leave. But people putting his character in the bin because they want something more to this, to spice up their summer, can do one.

Which is btw, how your post came across.
Where did I put his character into question? Show me? I didn't comment on your response to Domalino. I'm the one saying I could care less what Sam Lee says. But I do think he has some motive for wanting out. If you think he was randomly targeted by the Saudis I'll tell you straight up you're delusional. Do me a favor. Comment on what I say, I have ZERO problem with that, but don't put whatever you're on about on me. My post "came across" how you wanted it to come across. Not me fella.

Think they have the first week of August to put up the money or fuck off. Personally I'm not comfortable with going into a new season with Ortega as number 1. He failed his interview in the FA Cup final spectacularly. The time to get a suitable Ederson replacement is running out.

Think they have the first week of August to put up the money or fuck off. Personally I'm not comfortable with going into a new season with Ortega as number 1. He failed his interview in the FA Cup final spectacularly. The time to get a suitable Ederson replacement is running out.
If he goes there will be no replacement so may as well get used to it.

As for audition in the FA Cup. Gvardiol fucked up as well. If we judged everyone on that then we would have about 4 players going into this season. Everyone was shit that day.

Never mind several top class saves that Ortega has made in many of his games since he arrived.

If he goes there will be no replacement so may as well get used to it.

As for audition in the FA Cup. Gvardiol fucked up as well. If we judged everyone on that then we would have about 4 players going into this season. Everyone was shit that day.

Never mind several top class saves that Ortega has made in many of his games since he arrived.

I think people are downplaying how vital and how good Ederson is. Ortega is an excellent number 2 but he's nowhere near Eddy. He may be a slightly better shot stopper but Ederson positioning is unreal, he hardly ever has to dive to make a save. He commands his area completely, actually catches crosses which hardly any other modern keepers do, he is brave as a lion and puts his head where others wouldn't put their feet. His distribution is second to none in the entire history of football. Coming in for the odd cup game is completely different to the pressure of being number 1.

Yeah. Not debating he might want to leave. Debating that the rumoured reason presented as fact was wrong. Which he has since cleared up too.

People will speculate. People will get it wrong. People will point out they are wrong.

Could simply be that he wants to more than double his earnings and feels he has won everything he can. No issue with that. There doesn't have to be some big dark conspiracy behind it.
Common sense would suggest it's thT simple. We wanted Gundo to stay too. And he chose to experience something new after winning it all.

Someone wants to triple your salary. It's a simple business decision.

I think people are downplaying how vital and how good Ederson is. Ortega is an excellent number 2 but he's nowhere near Eddy. He may be a slightly better shot stopper but Ederson positioning is unreal, he hardly ever has to dive to make a save. He commands his area completely, actually catches crosses which hardly any other modern keepers do, he is brave as a lion and puts his head where others wouldn't put their feet. His distribution is second to none in the entire history of football. Coming in for the odd cup game is completely different to the pressure of being number 1.
Nobody is downplaying Ederson at all.
Why do people keep saying this?

It's irrelevant really what abilities Ederson has, if Saudi put 50m on the table he's gone.

There's no one like Ederson so we can't just go and buy a replacement. Our best option is for Ortega to take over and then we see where we are next summer. Ortega has a lot of experience behind him, he's hardly Scott Carson with 10 appearances in the last decade.

Nobody is downplaying Ederson at all.
Why do people keep saying this?

It's irrelevant really what abilities Ederson has, if Saudi put 50m on the table he's gone.

There's no one like Ederson so we can't just go and buy a replacement. Our best option is for Ortega to take over and then we see where we are next summer. Ortega has a lot of experience behind him, he's hardly Scott Carson with 10 appearances in the last decade.

50 million is an absolute piss take of a fee. He's the best player in his position in the world in his prime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.