Ederson

The simple fact is that a player's 'loyalty' in elite football is given to the highest payer. Sentiment is for fans, not professional players.

Ederson has had a King's ransom dangled in front of him and (regardless of my personal opinion of him as a goalkeeper) I wouldn't blame the lad, or any player in a similar situation, for wanting to go after the money.

Like Sergio, Vinny, David etc...He'll be fondly remembered, but he won't be missed. Life goes on, and new heroes will be brought in.

The simple fact is that a player's 'loyalty' in elite football is given to the highest payer. Sentiment is for fans, not professional players.

Ederson has had a King's ransom dangled in front of him and (regardless of my personal opinion of him as a goalkeeper) I wouldn't blame the lad, or any player in a similar situation, for wanting to go after the money.

Like Sergio, Vinny, David etc...He'll be fondly remembered, but he won't be missed. Life goes on, and new heroes will be brought in.

KDB said no……….for now

I never took you for someone with poor reading comprehension skills...until now...

Ditto you and situations.

See my response to domalino, not debating whether he wants to leave. But people putting his character in the bin because they want something more to this, to spice up their summer, can do one.

Which is btw, how your post came across.

Worth pointing out, two Saudi clubs have approached Ederson, with huge money offers.

The club will are reportedly not stand in his way, and are asking for a mere €50m. Which is a bloody bargain for any club, and peanuts for Saudi clubs, to land a player of his profile.

And yet, neither has signed him, he is still training with us and preparing for the season ahead (his words, not mine).

If you want to come up with angles and theories, start there.

KDB said no……….for now

Do you honestly think he's stayed at City because he loves the club?
I don't. I think he's stayed because we paid him top dollar and no-one else could match it.
Kev may stay to reap the benefits of one more year, but the Saudis will get him sooner or later.

I don't. I think he's stayed because we paid him top dollar and no-one else could match it.
Kev may stay to reap the benefits of one more year, but the Saudis will get him sooner or later.

And I will wish him all the best and thank him for his role here. Which has imo been worthy of the wages he has been paid.

No, I think he’s only stayed coz his kid is settled at school for now as per what I read anyway, as for top dollar, won’t be as many dollars as offered by Saudis but he his probably highest paid player at City anyway to begin with

He is also playing us in terms of offering him a new deal at the same terms he is on now.

Your quite right in your earlier post, loyalty in football in 99% of players is down to money, it's a job, us fans are the loyal ones, well maybe not the ones in the matchday thread ;)

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He will have definitely been offered more money to play in Saudi but he's on so much money already it's kind of meaningless and he can afford to be picky over where he wants to live and what kind of environment he wants to bring his family up in. Also gets to compete for actual trophies with City too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.