Ederson?!!

Won’t the Saudi league run out of money eventually?
Considering Saudi produce around 11 million barrels of oil a day and most of that oil belong to the owners of Saudi clubs I don't think they are going to run out of money anytime soon

I really hate to downplay Ederson's influence. Hes great at distribution, but its not like you have an assist or key pass every other kick. 95% of passes by GK during the game are more or less basic ones, even by Ederson.

If you have to count how many balls by Ederson has been irreplaceable, You would be a bit surprised is my guess.

Ortega is very good on a ball, definitely above average. The impact of the GK switch could be close to not noticeable. And there is scenario that we would end up better with Ortega thanks to his shot stopping and 1 vs 1 ability.

Thats been said I love Ederson,hes bravery and intreansigence when going to distract an attacker. Sometimes hes been a bit rush, but generally a figure to be feared of.

Im not really into conspiracy theories, but I have my fucking suspicions. Rivalry between Ortega and Ederson was real at the end of the season. Ederson maybe felt it a bit when coming off during Spurs game. Hard to believe Pep and staff liked it. Saudi Arabia and UAE are rivals but they cooperate upon many areas, including football projects. Word is UAE advisors helped Saudi Arabia to get into the club football in Premier League during the first steps. These same people are more or less in touch. My feeling is that maybe this Saudi interest on Ederson is not really against City plans and wishes.
Spot on.
Exactly my thoughts.

We would be incredibly foolish to allow him to leave. I understand the "you're free to leave whenever" mentality but it has to have limits. There's nobody on the planet even close to Ederson, our entire approach will have to change if he leaves and we instantly drop from being untouchable if a team wants to high press against us to it being a viable approach. People have become too used to edersons brilliance, once he's not in net every week many who are downplaying his importance will quickly realise there's nobody more vital than him.

I rate Ortega highly, very highly but he doesn't come close to being a replacement, we will have been significantly weakened if this happens and that's not ideal when you've got Pep for a limited time. Ederson is still young for a keeper, if he wants to go earn stupid amounts of money for a few years he will have the opportunity further down the line in the back end o30's, him going to Saudi now would be like a 23 year old outfield player making the move.
I actually like the rule. You can leave if someone will pay your worth.

There should be no limits on it. Only limit is it can't be middle of a season. Other than that, feel free.a

"We want volunteers not hostages."
-Mike Tomlin

Eddy is great. But he won't be the first great or unique player we replace, and he won't be the last

"If he goes, he goes."
-A twist on Ivan Drago

They are really trying to sportswash. Football being global will stop their monopoly of that.
They are. They already have major investment in Golf, Boxing, F1 & WWE.

Football being the biggest sport out there only means they will continue and especially as they have the World Cup in 10 years time.

Whichever summer he leaves I think there will be a moment some time around December when people start to realise how big a miss he actually is.

Really not flapping tbh. What we lose with Edders we will gain with someone else in other ways. Brazilians aren't going to stay that long in the UK let alone pissing it down Manchester! He will never top that save last minute v Inter. Has won it all. His tantrums last season is a sign he should leave at the top not fuked of this new season if something doesn't go his way as let's face it it pretty much has since we have had him! Would love to see a young mid 20s keeper emerge or even a 20year old Donnarmama (what ever the Italian psg kid is called)
I feel like you don't appreciate what Ederson brings to the table for Pep's system. Massive under-reaction to losing one of our most important players in the entire squad. Eddie is a massive reason why teams struggle to press us and you will notice the difference next season if he goes.

I predict the same people not fussed about Ederson getting poached will be complaining about the drop in quality in our play and conveniently forgetting we lost the best ball playing GK in the entire world. Ortega is good, but he's not Ederson level good.

I feel like you don't appreciate what Ederson brings to the table for Pep's system. Massive under-reaction to losing one of our most important players in the entire squad. Eddie is a massive reason why teams struggle to press us and you will notice the difference next season if he goes.

I predict the same people not fussed about Ederson will be complaining about the drop in quality in our play and conveniently forgetting we lost the best ball playing GK in the entire world. Ortega is good, but he's not Ederson level good.
It’s beyond our control, though. I doubt many want him to go, but are discussing what it may be like without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.