Ederson?!!

It’s beyond our control, though. I doubt many want him to go, but are discussing what it may be like without him.
I acknowledge that, just speaking to the people who don't think it's going to be a big blow. We are the hardest team to press in the world and a large part of that is because of Eddie's distribution.

I acknowledge that, just speaking to the people who don't think it's going to be a big blow. We are the hardest team to press in the world and a large part of that is because of Eddie's distribution.
It will definitely change our build up, unless either Ortega or the new keeper proves they are totally press resistant too.

We would be incredibly foolish to allow him to leave. I understand the "you're free to leave whenever" mentality but it has to have limits. There's nobody on the planet even close to Ederson, our entire approach will have to change if he leaves and we instantly drop from being untouchable if a team wants to high press against us to it being a viable approach. People have become too used to edersons brilliance, once he's not in net every week many who are downplaying his importance will quickly realise there's nobody more vital than him.

I rate Ortega highly, very highly but he doesn't come close to being a replacement, we will have been significantly weakened if this happens and that's not ideal when you've got Pep for a limited time. Ederson is still young for a keeper, if he wants to go earn stupid amounts of money for a few years he will have the opportunity further down the line in the back end of his 30's, him going to Saudi now would be like a 23 year old outfield player making the move.

I'm not sure the bit in bold would be a bad thing. At the moment teams don't even try and press and they just park the bus and make themselves solid.

If they think they can press Ortega, they may open up a little more and be easier to get at, if we can get past the press. I think Ortega's passing is good enough to do that still.

txiki isn't serious if we aren't replacing ederson, ortega is class but he's a 2nd choice for a reason, he is gonna leave in a year or two so what's the point with this short-term , he needs competition, we really need to go for costa if his release clause is true before it expires

Only thing I’d say is that Ortega only signed a 1 year extension on his current deal. Not like he signed a 5 year one, in which case I’d be thinking he’s been guaranteed the number 1 spot. Txiki also specified that he’s the best no2 out there when it was announced

I personally think the club will get a no1, if not we are just accepting a weakened goalkeeping department by buying back up for Ortega, who only signed a 1 year extension.
Maybe he's done 1 year as it's uncertain Eddie is/was going & will commit long term should Eddie go?

txiki isn't serious if we aren't replacing ederson, ortega is class but he's a 2nd choice for a reason, he is gonna leave in a year or two so what's the point with this short-term , he needs competition, we really need to go for costa if his release clause is true before it expires
There are options tbf, the Brighton/Netherlands keeper is only 21. He could understudy/push Ortega for a year and then you have an outstanding keeper for a decade taking over. Same with the Lazio kid (not sure he's in the outstanding bracket yet though but stats are all good)

screenshot.png

I hope Ederson doesn't go, he's a lot better than some on here give him credit for. If he does leave, I hope we bring in a top quality replacement, rather than just turning to Ortega.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.