Ederson?!!

It's not ruining the game though is it?

THe very best players want to play for the best clubs in the best leagues.

The Saudi's have only taken veteran stars, mercenaries or players like Ederson who have already won the lot and are looking for a huge pension.

Saudi is not and never will be a threat to the major leagues.
Also, most women/families/partners do not want to live there or raise children there once they’re a bit older. Maybe 1-2 years (although most still seem to live abroad). To me, that doesn’t make it sustainable long term. And We’ve already seen players leave after being unhappy.

Love Ederson but think people may be overvaluing his importance to us going forward. As of late he hasn't come up with big saves at the same rate of the worlds top keepers. His distribution is obviously ace, but as others have mentioned above, that's the expectation for most young keepers these days.

Obviously a bit of nostalgia involved. He's been a fixture in our XI for much of our glory days. But, personally I'm not opposed to moving him on. In fact, I wouldn't care if Ortega was our first choice this season and we signed a stop-gap backup while ensuring we find the right guy for the future. Many of the goalkeeping analysts suggest that Ortega is just as good as Ederson, could even be better. Ortega likely has more hunger to prove himself at the top level.

If Costa is available, I'm all for that, however. Looks class.

I love Eddie, but no hard feelings if he decides to take the mega Saudi offer.
No overvaluation at all. He’s amongst the most important players at the club and is one of the main reasons we have had the success we have had.
Like a few others it seems you’ve took him for granted and will only realise that after a season without him.
Ortega isn’t as good as him regardless of what some ‘goalkeeping analysts’ might think.

No overvaluation at all. He’s amongst the most important players at the club and is one of the main reasons we have had the success we have had.
Like a few others it seems you’ve took him for granted and will only realise that after a season without him.
Ortega isn’t as good as him regardless of what some ‘goalkeeping analysts’ might think.
Alright Phil1. Good discussion.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

Ederson has put in hard work here and appears to given his all when he's played. I for one, believe he owes us nothing. The guy is a very good keeper and done well for us.

I don't make it a habit of getting into other people's pockets. If he wants more money, he wants more money. If he’s able to earn it somewhere, good for him. I shan't call him "greedy." He has a skill and is able to leverage it for a higher fee. I certainly would If I could and I think many of you would as well.

Greedy. Pffftt

Love how people so happily write off a player like Ederson but then maintain that Nunes should stay. It’s mental on here at times. Ederson is an outstanding keeper and a unique one. That first goal in the FA Cup doesn’t happen with Eddie in net.
What a shit take...Eddy has been outstanding for us, but no need to take a shot at Ortega...get the fuck outta here with that bullshit...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.