Ederson?!!

I feel like you don't appreciate what Ederson brings to the table for Pep's system. Massive under-reaction to losing one of our most important players in the entire squad. Eddie is a massive reason why teams struggle to press us and you will notice the difference next season if he goes.

I predict the same people not fussed about Ederson getting poached will be complaining about the drop in quality in our play and conveniently forgetting we lost the best ball playing GK in the entire world. Ortega is good, but he's not Ederson level good.
Oh I do fella. At same time don't think you appreciate having to put up with keepers like Martyn margetson in the oldish days. Just being realistic and not crying about it. Edders is sadly off by looks of it . . .

So basically some sort of personal bias not based on any real evidence. In fact an opinion opposed to actual data...fair enough...
He’s more than capable of being a number one. Just not as good as the one he’s potentially replacing.
I’m sure your hours spent analysing data could lend to a different view but until it happens and we see for ourselves how he responds to being the full time number one and the extra pressure it brings we can only go off what we’ve watched over the last few years.

I actually like the rule. You can leave if someone will pay your worth.

There should be no limits on it. Only limit is it can't be middle of a season. Other than that, feel free.a

"We want volunteers not hostages."
-Mike Tomlin

Eddy is great. But he won't be the first great or unique player we replace, and he won't be the last

"If he goes, he goes."
-A twist on Ivan Drago
Cemetaries are full of irreplaceable people...

I feel like you don't appreciate what Ederson brings to the table for Pep's system. Massive under-reaction to losing one of our most important players in the entire squad. Eddie is a massive reason why teams struggle to press us and you will notice the difference next season if he goes.

I predict the same people not fussed about Ederson getting poached will be complaining about the drop in quality in our play and conveniently forgetting we lost the best ball playing GK in the entire world. Ortega is good, but he's not Ederson level good.

We had Eddie this season and I felt our play and build up was slow, boring and passive a lot of the time. What we lose in our play we may gain in not conceding with the first shot at our goal. Love Eddie but if he has thrown his toys out the pram and wants to play over there at the age of 30 then thanks and goodbye.

He’s more than capable of being a number one. Just not as good as the one he’s potentially replacing.
I’m sure your hours spent analysing data could lend to a different view but until it happens and we see for ourselves how he responds to being the full time number one and the extra pressure it brings we can only go off what we’ve watched over the last few years.
quick look at stats and its closer than most are worried about, still kinda have it in eddies favour before we get to passing tbh. Ortega has pushed eddies game as much as Eddie pushed his.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 141622.png

FA Cup Final for me showed maybe he isn’t ready for the no1 spot
Massive difference between being no1 and 2 week in week out
I rate Ortega don’t get me wrong
Is that ignoring the previous cup campaign where he conceded one goal all tournament, in the final, by a var awarded pen? Is Eddie not number 1 material for losing us a CL final?

I can agree with what you are saying...
Except for the analyzing data for hours part...it doesn't take all that much to keep yourself informed...speaking for myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.